Friday, May 2, 2008

Ranger's New Pigment Inks!!

WoooHoooo!! I love playing with new products! I finally got my hands on some of Ranger's new Adirondack Pigment Inks! All I can say is wow, this ink is excellent! Available in 20 colors, 6 lights, 6 brights, 6 earthtones, Black & White (YES!!)

This ink is very opaque which makes covering items such as chipboard extraordinarily easy. I had several flowers covered in only a minute or so. Just pounce on the ink pad and you're done. Even the white flowers were covered instantly. I am so very excited about the white ink, I can't tell you how great it works. You just wouldn't believe me. You're going to have to try it for yourself. I tried to do this same exact thing with my Brilliance and Staz-On white inks and had to really work to even get a so-so coverage. Those inks just do not cover like this new pigment ink does!!

The card I had posted is going to be published so I have to take it down for the time being...sorry!



Next I compared the Adirondack Dye Ink vs. Adirondack Pigment Ink on plain & glossy cardstock....


Plain Cardstock...


Pigment Ink 004


Glossy Cardstock....


Pigment Ink 005


I don't know how well it shows up but you can visible see the difference in the inks once they are dry. On both papers, the pigment ink has a matte chalky appearance while the dye ink is a touch darker in color and doesn't have an even coverage like the pigment ink does.

I also stamped the pigment inks onto a couple slick surfaces just to see what it looked like. I used a domino & glass microscope slide. Of course I did heat set these inks because any pigment ink would take forever to dry on a non-porous surface. Each image again had that same lovely matte chalky appearance when dry. Such possibilities!!


Pigment Ink 003


Of course since it's a pigment ink and has a long dry time you can use it for embossing. The really nice thing about this set of pigment inks it of course matches the rest of the Adirondack line. You could if you wanted to cover the entire piece with matching embossing powder to hide any missed areas. I always thought this was a waste myself - why cover up such a cool ink - LOL!! So I did it a bit different... I pounced the flowers into the ink and sprinkled just a bit of Rust Embossing Powder over the flower center and a bit on the petals....


Pigment Ink 001


Heat embossed until the ink(Butterscotch) was dry and the embossing powder (Rust) was melted....


Pigment Ink 002


And this was the results! The stem pieces were also created using the same technique. (Bottle Ink & Lettuce EP).


Pigment Ink 007


So there you have it...my first experiments with this great new ink. I would have to say they are definitely worth buying. If you love the rest of the Adirondack line you'll definitely love it's newest addition!!


I am hoping to play a bit more with these inks this weekend. I will be sure to share the results when I do :)
Happy Stamping Friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I just knew these would be great! You can really see a difference between the dye and pigments inks. I have to have the white - I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Where did my comments from yesterday go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've searched everywhere and they're just not there. Dang it! I think your blog ATE my comments, Roni!

    OK - I just told the story of how a few weeks ago I made the grievous error of pressing a not-so-clean from solvent ink rubber stamp in my white Stazon pad and completely, utterly and totally ruined it! Ugh - I was so mad at myself! But, the (only) good news is that the Ranger pigments cover so much better anyway so I need to get at least the white anyway. (Maybe a black too. And a green. And red. And...)

    Did you happen to hear when these will be available in our local stores, Roni? I know you don't have a direct line to Ranger distributing, but maybe you've heard something?

    Thanks for another great demo, Roni!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing the difference of the dye and pigment inks - the pictures definitely 'explains' it better then if you were to try and put in words. I've been hunting for a really good opaque white and looks like these pigments might just be the answer ... now to get hunting for them! Oh, love your works as usual :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!