Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Distress Stain & Distress Inks Side By Side Comparison

Several people have asked for more of the Distress Stain vs. Distress Ink comparisons so here you go...one for each color other than the Antique Linen which was back-ordered when I placed my order.

Also, I wanted to mention that many people have asked for comparisons on the Adirondack Color Wash Line...  These inks don't match up with Distress Inks/Stains but they do match the Adirondack line of inks.  I will be working on those comparisons as soon as I have some time. 

And I haven't forgotten about the Liquid Pearl questions I have in my inbox...I am going to be sharing a few more "painting" techniques next week and will answer the questions at that time. 

So here goes...  

Distress Stain vs. Distress Inks.

All of the examples working from left to right are as follows:

Left = Distress Ink applied with the Ink Blending Tool
Center = Distress Stains
Right = Distress Ink applied to the cardstock directly from the ink pad or Direct to Paper.

 Distress Stain Comparison 008

Distress Stain Comparison 007

Distress Stain Comparison 006

Distress Stain Comparison 002

Distress Stain Comparison 009

Distress Stain Comparison 005

Distress Stain 001

Distress Stain 002

Distress Stain Comparison 001

Distress Stain Comparison 003

Distress Stain Comparison 004

So there you go!
11 of the 12 new Distress Stains. 
Hope this helps :)

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post! It's very useful to see these comparisons. Now I need to pick up of few more stains. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous comparison, thank you so much for the info. I have to say, I am loving the look of the weathered wood stain, and never in a million years would have thought that gray would be so pretty or that it would be on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Roni -

    It really helps us to see what they look like. Really appreciate you doing this for us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really helpful, thanks -I wasn't sure if the Stains would be different enough from the ink pads to justify buying but this has convinced me - much to my bank managers distress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roni! So nice to see the comparisons! Loving the new stains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite distree stain color is dusty concord. Thank you for taking the time to make a good comparison chart for all of us to refer to.
    Jackie in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seldom use my DIs direct from the pad like this. It seems like I'm always using my IBT with the exception of edging. When I need more color I just use more on the pad of my IBT. Thanks again for the info!! You are so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic blog post! Perfect comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roni!

    Thats a great comparison and so easy to understand. I love stopping by your blog as you are so inspiring so inappreciation I have a little something waiting for you on my blog.

    love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking the time to do all of these Roni. Great comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comparison. Really helps to decide whether or not they're worth having. Loved Uncle Dan's email!! So true and very funny. How about you know you're in 2011 when your oven breaks and wait a while before fixing it. You're computer breaks and you have it fixed the same day. That's me. Can live without my oven but no computer? Never!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful comparison. I have all the Stains and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

    I mean totally love them and pretty much all the other Ranger stuff.... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see the comparisons. Thanks!

    Think I need a little shopping spree the stains look fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!