Friday, May 27, 2011

Just For Fun Friday - White Cardstock Challenge!

Hi All!

I hope you've had a wonderful week!  Today is of course Just For Fun Friday and normally I have a card sketch to go along with my JFF cards.  Well, not today ~ it's more of a challenge ~ a fun one at that.

My challenge to you is to use White Cardstock to create your entire card...well, you can use colored cardstock to mat the card but the card it's self must be made from white cardstock! 

Check it out...both of these cards were made using only white cardstock...

Coffee Father's Day ~

The background for this card was created by using the Ticking Sample stamp and two colors of Archival Ink.  I stamped the blue in one direction and went back over it and stamped the green in another direction.  I then added a sprinkle of coffee beans around the sentiment.  The coffee cup w/heart was stamped on a separate sheet of paper, colored and mounted on the card with Pop Dots (double stick foam).

JFF - 5-27 Roni 001

Daddy-O Diner Card ~

The diner in the background was stamped on white cardstock using Archival Ink.  I filled in the background by using my Niji watercolor brush and Distress Inks to paint in a sky, grass and parking lot.  I stamped my roller skating waitress on white cardstock again using Archival Ink and colored her with a combo of my Bic Markers and Distress Inks.  You can't tell from the photo but she's cut out and mounted on the card with Pop Dots.

JFF 5-27-11 001

So, there you go...
a bit of inspiration to get you started.
Now it's your turn to put away the pattern paper, pull out your white cardstock and give it a try!

Hope you have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards, they are just down right pretty. The inking is super, wish I could do it. I'll just keep admiring yours...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Challenge! I love using white cardstock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!