Friday, May 6, 2011

Just For Fun Friday & Card Sketch

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

NOTE: I hope you've had a wonderful day...this post was supposed to show up this a.m. (it was scheduled to anyway) but alas there is some gremlin in the works because it ended up being a draft.  No idea why it does that but it's here now so I hope you enjoy the sketch and cards!

It's Just For Fun (Rubber Stamps) Friday and I have another fun card sketch for you to play with :)

Here is the sketch to start you off....

JFF 5-6-11 003

And here are a couple cards inspired by and for all you Mom's out there!

(all stamps are by Just For Fun Rubber Stamps)

This repeated image of the Mom and baby are actually half of the total stamped image from the stamp - Mother is Born.  The blue blanketed baby and sentiment are what the stamped image actually is.  I just stamped it two additional times and snipped off the extra sentiments (to be used at a later date). 
So be sure to check out your stamps closely...
one large image might be trimmed and used for this sketch.

JFF 5-6-11 002

This card is made using the stamp - Perfume Bottles!  It's so elegant isn't it?  I just love this image.  It was stamped on a background paper that was made using the "Faux Mother of Pearl" technique.  The ribbons were dyed using Fired Brick and Spun Sugar Distress Stains!

JFF 5-6-11 001

Be sure to check out the Just For Fun Blog to see what the other design team members have cooked up for you this week!

6 comments:

  1. I love the perfume bottles! Have a great Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. What a great sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch. I have a go, I'm very new to this so will probably mess up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roni, just popped over here to say that I received your fabulous collage book in the post today and today and am really enjoying browsing through it.
    As I also have constantly inky fingers (particularly Distress inks) I've joined as a follower too to keep up with your gorgeous artwork.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful cards!! I still haven't purchased the DI Stains but after seeing the Perfume Bottle card, I know now that I must! Love this sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roni -

    Love how these cards turned out. Great stamps! Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!