Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Hit the Mother-load!

I am so excited...dh and I went to an antique tractor show & swap meet (flea market) at Wapakoneta Ohio today and man oh man did I hit the mother load!  I am so stinkin' excited...  

You know how much I love old "stuff" well I found a box full of vintage jewelry...the lady had marked it parts & pieces but there are LOTS of great pieces in there.  It was only $10.00!!!!  There are many rhinestone pins, earrings and necklaces (I have a thing for sparklie vintage jewels).   There are several pairs of  ???  ~ not sure what you call them but I've seen them worn two ways...you can clip them onto a plain pair of shoes to dress them up or worn in the corners of a square neckline.  Do you know what I mean?  They look like over-grown clip on earrings.  Anyway, those are awesome!  Lots of multi-strand necklaces/bracelets (I love putting various pieces of chain together to create an interesting new necklace) and so much more.   Just lots of incredible goodies that I will use in altered arts, collages or charms.  I so can't wait to start playing....

Wapakoneta, OH Goodies 001

And I found a stash of wonderful tiny bottles....  I asked the guy if he'd give me a deal if I took several and he did...I got $15.00 worth of bottles for $8.00!  Can't beat a deal like that!

Wapakoneta, OH Goodies 002

and finally I found a great Websters Dictionary (50's) for $ 0.25!!! 

I am just so tickled...
I LOVE to shop for a good bargain!

24 comments:

  1. Great finds/deals! Have you seen the bridal bouquets made with the vintage jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day for you...way to go!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find Roni. Congrats. Certainly can't find deals like that where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome day!! Old tractors and great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You most certainly did score big time - so many possibilities to play with now. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. o wow..you done good girl!!..i can't wait to hit some yard sales here....you got me looking for junk.oops i mean treasures..lol..for charms!!!..have fun..loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jeolous, I collect reinstone jewelry and pin it all over a dress form I have. You got a great deal. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you do with some of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love the flea markets. Great finds and good haggling. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did hit the mother load! I would be exited too! those are shoe clips that were were talking about...I used to collect vintage
    one. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, can't wait to see what you'll make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG you DID hit the mother-load!!! What great jewelry...I am JEALOUS!!! You will certainly enjoy working with these wonderful pieces. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I lived where there were these kinds of flea markets!! I know you'll have TONS of FUN with these jewels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to go to a fabulous tractor show just for the fun of the tractors. Now you really have me curious as I didn't know you could also get such great deals on treasures!!! Fabulous Finds Miss Roni. Happy Safe Memorial Weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW !!!! how wonderful for you... can't wait to see some treasure you make with your goodies

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's an awesome feeling isn't it! I love treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Roni -

    You always find the must awesome things! I love your box of vintage jewelry - a real treasure trove! And the bottles, just so cute!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woo hoo!! That jewelry find IS a great score for you! I know you're going to have FUn with all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a haul Roni!
    Good for you Hunni - I love a baragain too but it's a while since I had one as good as that one!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, just wow! Those are some excellent finds! Congrats, Roni!! Who doesn't love a good deal... and the stuff you found looks delish... and everything will look even better once you get crafting!

    --Mina

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! That was a great find! I haven't been that lucky in a long while. It's just like a treasure hunt, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!