Saturday, December 5, 2020

I've Got My Eye on You!

 There is a new challenge at the Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda blog....

CHALLENGE #112

WINTER BLUES


We want to see your stamped projects featuring Winter and/or Blue.  
You can use one or both of the themes on your projects. 
 
Here is my first creation....


I made this card using Lost Coast Designs Victoriana, Pieces of Calligraphy, and Carmen's Veranda Eye Chart Square stamps.

I had such fun making this card. I started off by applying various colors of ink to the gel plate misted with water and applied a piece of paper to pick up the colors. 

Once it was dry I started my stamping.  I stamped the eye first with VersaFine Clair Twilight (a very dark blue). I used a white acrylic pen to add some highlights to the eye it's self and a black acrylic pen to extend the eye lashes.  I used a bit of Diamond Glaze on the iris to give it the shine.  

Next I used several pieces from the Victoriana set stamped with various colors of blues and black. I then filled in the background by stamping different images from the Pieces of Calligraphy set using grey and blue inks. 

This panel was then mounted on a black mat and added to a card blank covered with Rinea Silver/Silver Starstruck foiled paper.

Hope this card inspires you to join in on the fun!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!