Friday, December 11, 2020

A Fern Leaf Christmas Tree

 Good Morning Friends! It's Friday!!! YEAH :) Today I have a fun card to share with you....a Christmas tree stamped using just 2 stamps - Fern Leaves from Fairy Hugs and the trunk of the Fairy Fir Tree from Lavinia.


I had so much fun making this card!!


I started off by stamping the larger of the two fern leaves from the set using 4 different colors of green VersaFine Clair inks. I used a scrap of paper near the center to keep it from getting overstamped in the center of the tree.  Once I was satisfied with how the tree looked I used the Fairy Fir Tree to stamp the trunk up the center of the tree.  I only inked the trunk of the Fairy Fir and stamped it several times until I had the entire trunk for my Christmas tree stamped.


I finished off the tree by decorating it using sequins and enamel dots and one large sequin star. I used one of the mice from the Lavinia stamp set called Three Woodland Mice.  He is checking out his handy work in fairy land!  To create the background I used VersaFine Clair Blue Belle and a sponge dauber swiped along a scrap of torn paper.

The finished tree was matted on Gold/Gold Starstruck Foiled Paper from Rinea and a black card base.

Supplies:

Fairy Hugs - Fern Leaves

Lavinia - Fairy Fir Tree, Three Woodland Mice

Rinea - Gold/Gold Starstruck

Imagine - VersaFine Clair inks, Sponge Dauber

Sequins, cardstock

2 comments:

  1. very cute. love the mouse looking up into the tree. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!