Monday, December 21, 2020

12 Days of Christmas Shakers #9 & 10

 Unexpected DT work popped up - Fairy Hugs is going to be on Hochanda January 6th - made 21 cards :) Hope they reach their destination on time!  Anyway, I was so busy creating I didn't have a chance to post the last couple shakers I have for you...Both of these are ornaments but the 2nd one is a bit special. Check 'em out....

#9 - Wreath Ornament Shaker...


I love this shaker...it is a Wreath shaker kit from Creative Embellishments. It has such an intricate frame...so very pretty. I colored it using Cottage Ivy Fireworks! Spray which as you can see has such a beautiful shimmer to it. It was filled with a sequins mix from Sparkle Blends called Light In The Forest. Blues, Greens, Golds with a hint of black. Just lovely!


#10 - Shaker Ornament/Gift Box


Can you guess what this shaker/ornament/gift holder is made from?  
Yes? No? Anything?
Here's a hint... 

Ha Ha Ha - Moo!!

Did you guess? It's a Laughing Cow cheese container. I don't know about you but I can't throw these boxes away. They are just so much fun! I decided to turn a few into ornaments and what better than a shaker ornament?


So I started off by cutting a hole in the lid, adding a piece of acetate and inserting double stick foam tape inside the lid. I then cut 3 pieces of pattern paper - These papers are from Echo Park Lumberjack Christmas (LOVE these papers!!). One is for the back of the shaker element, one for the inside of the box and the third is for the back of the box to cover the label. 


Inside of the box where you can if you choose add a little gift. It's a large enough compartment for all sorts of things but I'll probably add money or a gift certificate.  I did reinforce the hinge since the original is only paper with a bit of gaffers tape. That way it can be opened lots without it coming apart.   There was a hole in the box already which is what I used to add a bit of ribbon for a hanger.  

Note: If you make one of these you'll have to trim the cardboard ring on the inside of the box a bit to account for the foam tape. 


To finish this off I filled the shaker with a few different sequins mixes from Sparkle Blends... Old St. Nick, Holly Berry and Minter is Coming.  All so very beautiful.

As luck would have it, the Christmas Wreaths chipboard set from Creative Embellishments are a perfect fit for these boxes!! I used the Joy wreath for this shaker. I used gold embossing powder for the sentiment and Fairy Hugs Powder glitter to embellish the holly and berries.

I hope you are enjoying these shakers as much as I am making them :)
Not long now....are you ready?

1 comment:

  1. Roni, your creativity, sense of joy and the excitement exploring new materials always captures my imagination as well. The intricacies found in each wreath is masterfully highlighted by your use of stains to offset and show each detail beautifully. Your use of sequins are just enough to have you coming back and noticing one of your sequins is a perfect tiny mint...adorable!

    Leave it to you my friend to find the perfect upcycling container to make another Roni original and fill us with true “Joy”. Always beautiful and unique...that’s you my friend and I love you dearly!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!