Friday, December 4, 2020

12 Days of Christmas Shakers Day #2 - Santa's Boot Ornament

Welcome friends to my 12 days of shakers!! Today instead of a shaker card I have a shaker ornament to share with you... Santa's Boot! I thought it would be nifty to make a few shaker ornaments to shake things up a bit. LOL!! (sorry, couldn't resist!!)


This is a shaker element kit from Creative Embellishments - Santa Boot. These Shaker Kits have everything you need to make the basic shaker - background, 3 "outlines" and the window, no foam adhesive necessary. Creative Embellishments have a whole host of shaker kits in many different themes for all seasons, all reasons. I love them because they have such clever pieces that would be almost impossible to create otherwise.  I chose to turn mine into an ornament but of course you can use them for cards, scrapbook layouts and so much more.

I started off by covering the back piece with Silver/Silver Starstruck foiled paper from Rinea. I then glued two of the outline pieces to this backer.  I added the limited edition shaker mix called Mulled Wine from Sparkle Blends


Once the shaker has been filled with your desired shakie bits (yes, that is a technical term there), it's time to glue the window to the shaker and finally the last chipboard outline to finish it off.  

Now you can decorate these shakers any ole way you would like - paint, ink, markers, etc. For this particular shaker I wanted to bling it up a bit because after all it is Christmas.  I added Fairy Hugs Powder glitter to the rim - Raven for the heel/sole and Currant for the upper portion of the boot.  To finish off the embellishments for this shaker I cut a small bit of a marabou feather boa and glued it to the top of the boot. Finally I added a piece of gold stretch cord to the back of the boot to act as a hanger for this ornament.

Supplies:

Creative Embellishments - Santa Boot

Sparkle Blends - Mulled Wine

Fairy Hugs - Fairy Hugs Powders - Raven, Currant

Rinea - Silver/Silver Starstruck 

Marabou Feathers

Beacon 3 in 1 Adhesive

Gold Elastic Stretch Cord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!