Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Wicked Brew Shaker

 Happy October!!!

I LOVE this time of the year and all it entails....

Crisp air, crunchy fallen leaves, pumpkin spice and HALLOWEEN!!!

Of course the first of October is the start of many wonderful things...31 Days Of Halloween Challenge tradition of sharing a different Halloween project each day. Going to shoot for it but for several reasons I seem to be a bit behind in creating for it this year. It is also the start of Inktober - another daily challenge but this one is all about a new and different drawing each day. Again, I probably won't hit every day but I am going to pull my sketch book out, dust it off and pen down a few.

To start things off I want to share this fun little bottle of poison I made up especially for you....


Isn't this the coolest? I had so much fun making this. I actually used the Poison Bottle from Gina Marie Designs but not how you might think. Instead of using the diecut I actually used the negative left over from cutting out the bottle.  By cutting around this negative I had the frame for my shaker!

It was easy from that point. I cut out a second "bottle" using the frame as a guide. I covered that bottle with Violet/Violet Starstruck foiled paper from Rinea.  I affixed a piece of clear plastic to the bottle frame, lined it with foam tape.  I filled it with a fun sequins mix from Sparkle Blends called...Wicked Brew!!   


Now I could have made it like any traditional shaker but I wanted to do something a bit special since it is Halloween afterall.  Instead of putting foam tape across the top I left that open and cut a piece of cork for gasket material (snatched from DH) to fit into the opening just like a real cork.  The gasket cork is just thicker than the craft cork and as it happens is almost the same depth as the foam tape I had so it worked perfectly.

I then wrapped a bit of twine around the top, added some pen work and the skull and crossbones (also from the Poison Bottle diecut set) covered with a bit of glitter!

Hope you enjoyed this start to the 2020 Halloween season!!

Supplies:

Sparkle Blends - Wicked Brew

Gina Marie Designs - Poison Bottle

Rinea - Violet/Violet Starstruck

Cardstock, Cork, Foam Tape 

1 comment:

  1. very cut halloween shaker. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!