Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Nevermore Shaker

 NEVERMORE....

Of course Edgar Allan Poe is one of the fathers of Halloween so it's only appropriate that we throw a bit of his spirit into this celebration of the macabre. 



This card is very much me...where the creepy factor meets the glitter girl in me!

Big surprise here but I have a very large collection of glitter cardstock AND sequins - LOL!!  I thought these nifty stamps were the perfect place for them to come together.

I started off by creating the background for the shaker. I started by placing a mask for the moon off to one side then began layering inks on a lavender piece of cardstock. When I was satisfied with the colors I stamped the Raven3 on the panel. I removed the moon mask and applied a bit of white pigment ink to that area.


I added a bit of pen work and a little glitter to the raven, colored the branch and added some spooky clouds and called it good.  I then set about making the shaker  bit by cutting a piece of glitter cardstock and die-cutting the center. I then added a piece of plastic, some of the many sequins in my collection and popped it on the raven panel.  I then stamped the Nevermore image on white cardstock, fussy cut and added it to the card.


Hope you enjoy this glitzy take on my favorite holiday!

Have a sparklie day everyone!!
Roni

Supplies:

Lost Coast Designs - Raven3 
Carmen's Veranda - Nevermore
Imagine - VersaFine Clair, Memento, Sponge Dauber
Cardstock, Glitter Cardstock, Sequins, Glitter, Acetate, Foam Tape


1 comment:

  1. We must be Sister from different Mothers! I too like the creepy with the glittery. Once again, great job Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!