Thursday, October 15, 2020

RIP Creative Embellishments Tombstone

 Mid-way through October already...can you believe it? I sure can't. This year has just disappeared in the blink of an eye. Half way to Halloween so today I have a spooky creepy tombstone for your approval.  

Creative Embellishments Monthly Challenge for October is to take inspiration from at least one portion of this image... with the added twist of adding wings or something with wings.


Well now any Halloween lover would have a field day with this because it is chock full of fun spooky, creepy goodness!  Here is what I have made...


Isn't that great - even if I do say so myself!  I wanted a creepy, ancient tombstone and I think I've achieved that.  The Tombstone it's self is cut from 3/16" plywood so it's very sturdy and takes lots of layers very well.


The skull is actually from the Skull Shaker kit. It was on my desk waiting to be turned into a shaker but it was the perfect size for this project so you gotta do what you gotta do. I sacrificed the shaker for the tombstone.  I also used these highly detailed Angel Wings. I purposely attached them upside down to give it a more menacing look. The skull also has a Raven sitting on top his head which can be seen in the first photo.


I cut the letters from foam core board freehand. 


I also added the Corner Spider Web, Thorn Flourish Pair and a worn and weathered Crow Skull.


This is one of my favorite Halloween pieces I've ever made! I'm thinkin' I need to make more of these and set them out on Halloween.


Here are some "in the process" photos - they are pretty self explanatory.



Foam Core Board (1/4") - used for the bottom of the tombstone to give it depth and for the letters as well. Very easy to cut into any shape and adds lots of dimension.


Grey acrylic paint with sand added.




Sponged on darker grey and green to add shadows and "mossy" look. 
Dripped watered down black acrylic paint for years of filth...also used on both of the skulls.


Flicked on watered down white acrylic paint for specks of gunk - LOL!!


So there you have it....my creepy, ancient tombstone!


Supplies:

Creative Embellishments - Tombstone, Skull Shaker, Raven, Angel Wings, Corner Spider Webs, Thorn Flourish Pair, Crow Skull

DecoArt - Acrylic Paints - Grey, Green, Black, White

Foam Core Board 1/4"

Beacon 3in1 Adhesive

Sand

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous, spooky project, Roni! Great for in your front garden! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Roni, fabulous details, love the stone work texture look and the colours are perfect, great project.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chrissy. It was so much fun to make, I'm thinkin' I need a few more :)

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous Roni! How tall is it? Looks to be at least 2 foot tall F not taller. Very professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BrendaLea!! It's about 18" tall and about 11" wide. That's very sweet of you to say.

      Delete
  4. Spooktacular my friend! You are a creative genius. I love every eerie detail. You have outdone yourself, Roni! This design needs to go into your next book. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely amazing Halloween decor piece~ You really outdid yourself on the details. Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Embellishments October Challenge! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!