Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Spooky Skyline Challenge...Last Chance!!

 Good Morning Everyone!

September 30th which means it's the last day to enter the Spooky Skyline Challenge over at the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on Facebook!  You do have to join the club to enter but it's free and a great place to gather inspiring projects using sequins and shaker card ideas.

Today I wanted to share my final Spooky Skyline with you and encourage you to enter. 


Isn't this such a fun spooky Halloween scene?
I just love those little trick or treaters in those big scary woods.


I made it by sprinkling Color Burst powders over a piece of watercolor paper. I didn't want them to blend too much, just enough to make a nice transition so I had my spritzer bottle in one hand and my heat tool in the other. I "pushed" the water back when I thought they were blending too much so everything stayed where I wanted.

I stamped the trick or treat image along the bottom. Next I stamped the moon on a piece of cream shimmer piece of cardstock that was floating around in my stash. It was trimmed then glued securely to the background. I say securely because I didn't want any of the shakie bits to get stuck behind the moon.

As you can see I diecut the trees from black cardstock, added a piece of acetate and foam tape. I poured the You Make Me Batty sequins mix in the center of the card then affixed the shaker front to the panel. I know this isn't the traditional way to make a shaker but sometimes it's the only way to get the frame positioned correctly on a scene card.  


I had so much fun making this...and you know what?
Some of the bats glow in the dark!!!
How fun is that :)


I must say this is one of my favorite shakers I've made.


Hope you join in on the fun!!


Supplies:

Sparkle Blends Limited Edition Sequins Mix - You Make Me Batty

Gina Marie Designs - Trees

Crackerbox & Suzy - Trick or Treat

Lavinia - Moon

Colorburst

Cardstock, Watercolor Paper, Acetate, Foam Tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!