Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Steampunk Octopus Earrings

Oh I am so excited to share my project today....

It was made using Oscar from Fairy Hugs, check it out...


As you all know I love the Steampunk look which is why I instantly fell in love with Oscar when I first saw him. I knew he'd be perfect paired with anything Steampunk hence my Oscar Earrings! While they are quite impressive they are really very easy to make. 

Let's first talk about earring card/holder.  First I colored a piece of white cardstock with a bit of watercolor paint which I glued to a piece of chipboard.  Oscar was stamped then embossed.  I  trimmed around Oscar and dipped the edges first onto a VersaMark ink pad then into copper embossing powder,  which I heat to set.  Finally I made a couple holes and set the eyelets with a Crop-a-Dile tool.


Next the earrings. This is so easy you're not going to believe me when I tell you how quickly they came together. So first - stamp Oscar onto a piece of shrink plastic of your choice x2. Cut around the image leaving an extra bit of space at the top for a hole. Punch a hole in the top with the Crop-a-Dile. Heat to shrink the plastic x2.

Now all you have to do is add your desired jewelry findings - I used copper findings and jet black beads and a couple little copper gears.  


Hard to believe but it only took 20 minutes to make the earrings. 
It actually took longer to make the earring holder.

So are you ready to take the plunge into Steampunk goodness or 
are you already a Steampunk aficionado?

Supplies:





Be sure to stop by our Fairy Hugs Facebook Group 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!