Thursday, September 24, 2020

Leaping for Joy!

  Hello my friends!

Jumping for joy with this fun stamp from Fairy Hugs...Spinner! 

Isn't he great? I had loads of fun making this card...hope you enjoy.



Spinner the dolphin...I wanted to make it look like he was leaping out of the water. I think I have achieved that.  Here's what I did...


I thought it would be fun to make a clean and simple card so Spinner would shine. I found a mat with the word thanks printed on it in my stash so I stamped Spinner so it looked like he was leaping over the top of it. 

I then used a water stencil and a bit of blue ink to create a swirl of water surrounding him. 

Finally I added a bit of Sky Fairy Hugs Powder glitter here and there. You can really see it on the waves but I dusted a bit on Spinner himself. It doesn't show up here as much as it does IRL but he's got a nice shimmer. I was hoping it would look like water sliding off his body.


I popped this panel onto a light blue card mat and a dark blue card blank. Added a bit of ribbon and called it done! 

I know some people may not consider this truly CAS but if you've seen some of my other cards this is great. I have not mastered CAS but I'm trying!

Hope you all have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:


Be sure to stop by our Fairy Hugs Facebook Group 


2 comments:

  1. Roni, my friend, I am so sorry for being MIA for so long. I am with you every day marveling at your lovely card designs. Now, I must admit that I felt a bit like Rip Van Winkle when I saw the acronym CAS. I had to go Into my trusty acronym finder and then I found that I chuckled. Roni, when did cards fall under CAS? I for one love BAUC/Beautiful and Unique Cards. This card does have a few less steps then some of your other BAU Cards. Spinner steals the show in the water show that you created for him.

    My love goes out to you and your family. Both my son and daughter got married this year having COVID19 weddings and not the weddings that were originally planned. Our family has grown with their spouses and we are so in love with them and their families. Life can be a blessing in the middle of crazy turmoil. Stay safe, well, and happy for me my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!