Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vintage Postcard Sunday - April 17th

Hi Friends!

I have brought back Vintage Postcard Sundays!!!  I didn't think many people would miss it if I stopped posting them but much to my delight (and several e-mails later) I realized that I wasn't the only one who loves vintage postcards :) 

So here they are...

Just a random selection from my collection!

The Chamberlin Hotel
Fort Monroe, Virginia USA
(Circa 1940's)

Vintage Postcards 4-17-11 005

???  Not sure what it says ~ it's in a very old world script. 
I can't read the language on the back either but I do know it's from 1927.

Vintage Postcards 4-17-11 004

Lyon - La Palace du Ponte
(Postmarked - 1909)

Vintage Postcards 4-17-11 003

Napoli
Riviera di Chiaia
(no date)

Vintage Postcards 4-17-11 002

Monte Carlo
(1920's)

Vintage Postcards 4-17-11 001

I hope you enjoy this little bits of history :)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful postcards, thank you for showing. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..I am so totally loving vintage postcards and so glad u posted this! tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for bringing back "Postcards from the Past"!!

    I found some of Italy that my Dad sent my Mom when he was there during WWII...they are wonderful and bring me sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you brought the postcards back Roni. I love looking at them, they are so much fun.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so lovely. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!