Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cracked Easter Eggs

I have another Easter Egg project for you today...and their Cracked!

Actually they are covered with Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy ;) 

Here's what I did....

Stamp a desired image(s) on Tissue Paper (or pattern tissue) with Archival Ink.

Crackle Easter Egg 001

Crackle Easter Egg 002

Color the image with a permanent ink.  I am using Bic Markers.

Crackle Easter Egg 004

Slather some collage glue onto your egg (blown or plastic), carefully lay the colored tissue paper on the egg.  Gently smooth out as necessary and let it dry completely. 

I ended up smoothing it out in the center and snipping off a bit of excess tissue paper at the top. 

Crackle Easter Egg 008

After the collage glue is dry, add a layer of the Distress Crackle Paint - Rock Candy and let it dry.

Crackle Easter Egg 009

It worked perfectly...there are tons of awesome looking cracks all over the egg but I had a heck of a time trying to get a photo that would show them.  I took several and these are as good as it gets.  The white of the egg plus the shine of the Rock Candy simply freaked my camera out. 

Crackle Easter Egg 011

Crackle Easter Egg 016

Crackle Easter Egg 017

IRL it looks almost like a stained glass egg!
It's also got a great texture that you can't see in the photos either.  It's like you can feel each little crack in the egg shell.  Almost like what a hard boiled egg feels like once you crack it right before you start peeling off the bits of shell!

Lots of fun and oh so easy!

10 comments:

  1. Roni -

    I can see the cracks. This is awesome, the colors become so vibrant after you put on the Distress Rock Candy. I really love how this turned out!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is unbelievable! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought little expensive imported chocolate rabbits for place tags for Easter dinner and did not want to put them in cheap looking baskets. Now I can make awesome crackled eggs and pretty origami baskets for each place setting. Congratsa on you visitor number!!!! One half million is totally cool and something to celebrate.
    Happy Easter.
    Jackie in Alaska - where we still have snow on the ground, BUT I saw a mosquito today-so spring isn't too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now I know what I'm going to do with my paper mache eggs! (I'll paint them white first.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your idea. I have a feeling I will be making a few this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! And what a simple idea -- thanks, again, Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great project with wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally awesome idea!!!..My grands aren't allowed a lot of candy at anytime..and this would make great goodies to put in theier easter baskets..tfs roni..loves ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!