Friday, April 29, 2011

Just For Fun Friday & Ink Stained Card Sketch

Hello Friends!

I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!!  I have been having a blast reading all of the wonderful comments on the 1/2 Million Visit thread... Sounds like most all of us enjoy the Wrinkle Free Distress/Mono Print Technique (or whatever you want to call it)!  Amazing how popular it is :)  Thanks for all the well wishes and compliments as well! 

Today is as you know Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Friday which I have paired with my Ink Stained Card Sketches.    Today I thought I'd share two sketches since I was busy sewing yesterday and didn't get a chance to post. 

My cards this week are for Mom's since Mother's Day (here in the US) is right around the corner...

(Note: All stamps are of course Just For Fun Rubber Stamps.)

The first sketch today is nice because you can choose to mount your stamped image flat on the card or raise it up so that the sentiment looks tucked under your main image as shown in the example.  I know many people like the flat option when mailing (since it's become such a pain here in the states) while others enjoy the dimension of adding pop-dots (foam tape).

Sketch card 005

I added buttons to the sketch but of course you could change this up and use virtually any embellishment in your stash.  Remember...use what you have :)

JFF 4-29-11 001

The next sketch is a combination of circles and rectangles.  I was originally going to mat the central image with multiple circles but I found that I liked it better as is.   I have rounded all the rectangle corners to tie it in with the circle focal point but it's not vital to the overall design.

Sketch card 006

and here is my card....  I will be sharing the technique I used to color the rose next week :)

JFF 4-29-11 004

If you're in need of Mother's Day Quotes to help finish off your cards and projects remember I have a couple posts that might help....


and


Have a wonderful weekend friends!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the card.
    Along with posting your give away on my blog,following you ,I also have your button.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches and I love your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketches and I will be sure to come see the technique for the beautiful rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both sketches and cards but the top one is my favorite. May give that a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha- Ha use what you have!!! How can I not be tempted by all these lovely stamps and embellies. Great lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love uysing your sketchs Roni! I have others but they often seem confusing. Maybe it's your having a card follow your sktech..at any rate..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Roni! Is your rose stamped on metal?

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!