Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sail Steampunk Canvas



Good Morning all...

Today I have a canvas for you that I had loads of fun making. Ya know sometimes there are projects that you have to create for a specific reason and then there are times there are projects you want to make just for fun. Well this is one of those just for fun projects all for me.


This month the team at Rinea had to opportunity to play with chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments and let me tell you it was instant love for me. They have so many cool pieces and the ones I fell in love with (besides the shaker kits) were all of their Steampunk goodies!! I abosolute LOVE this Airship!  

So I already created my projects for the Rinea blog (those will come along later in the month) but I still had some chipboard pieces left over. I was very inspired by the current March Challenge on the Creative Embellishments blog and decided I wanted to play.  This is their inspiration board....


with the optional twist to incorporate GLITTER!!

I love all of the colors and well, you all know how much I love glitter so I decided to give it a go. Here's what I did...


I started off by covering a canvas board with Silver/Silver Starstruck foiled paper.


Used DecoArt Modeling Paste and this pretty stencil to add some fun designs.


Then I spritzed it with Fireworks! ink spray colors similar to the ones on the inspiration board.


While the canvas was drying I colored several gears with a paint pen.


Then glued them into cloud formations.


While the glue was drying on the clouds I colored the airship with some Memento Markers, the white paint pen and some metallic markers.


When the clouds had dried I covered them with glitter....a very pretty irridescent mica micro glitter over most with a bit of silver glass glitter along the bottom edges - you know for a silver lining.


And this is what I came up with!




So I'd like to enter this project into the March 2020 Creative Embellishments challenge!


Thanks to all for looking...
hope it inspires you!

Supplies

Creative Embellishments - Airship, Large Gears, 1" Gears
DecoArt - Modeling Paste
Myers Imports - Silver Glass Glitter
Posca Paint Marker - White 
Canvas, Stencil, Micro Mica Glitter, Metallic Markers, Metal Letters


13 comments:

  1. Wow, Roni! That is incredibly gorgeous! Love It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally - it was really fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! I just love steampunk and it is soooooo good to see some bright colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I love steampunk as well and I thought it was about time someone kicked the colors up a notch! Glad you like it even though it's not traditional.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love that background💕 Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the airship and your sparkling gears! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi - It was a pleasure and your mood board was so very inspiring!

      Delete
  5. This is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're attempting to lose weight then you have to start following this totally brand new tailor-made keto diet.

    To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and top chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, decent, price-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their launch in early 2019, 100's of people have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a certified keto diet can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!