Tuesday, October 2, 2018

InkTober 2018 - Day 2 - Tranquil

Hello Friends!

I'm back with my 2nd entry in the InkTober 2018 challenge.  Today's prompt was "Tranquil".  This one was really hard for me. The original idea for this challenge was to get people into drawing each day using pen and ink.  Since it's conception though it's expanded to more elaborate drawings with colored inks and such.  I've tried to stay true to the original idea but I tell you my tranquil stacked rocks just looked like odd shaped blobs of nothing to me so I had to color.


I tried to sparingly use my watercolor brush paired with Memento Dye Inks - London Fog, Flannel Grey, Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa.     The stones are supposed to be sitting on the beach by  the ocean but it doesn't really look like it...again, it needs color IMO.  I never realized how hard this was going to be...I'm so used to adding color to most everything I make, it's really a challenge not to.

I also have to say I'm not posting these on the InkTober FB groups...just too chicken after the amazing drawings I saw yesterday.

Well, anyway, it's a start.
Hopefully it will get easier as the month goes on.

Are you up for the challenge?

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!