Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Halloween Junk Journal/Altered Book

 So I've been wanting to get back into making journals - not the date/writing/scrapbooking journal but something more along the lines of glue books, junk journals, altered books kind of journals.  My first book theme is Halloween/Gothic.  I am so excited about it...I've been gathering supplies and I've made my first lay-out. 

The main image is from the current Gecko Galz Gothic challenge.  This is exactly the type of thing I want to include in my book.

Oh...about the book... I have been debating for a long time on what to use for my base. When I journaled before it was in old books or ledgers. Well those things are packed away at the moment so I thought about buying a journal/notebook to use but then we were at an estate sale and the lady had those books where you collect the cards each month and put them into some sort of order. In this case it was plants. I bought one that was full (so I'd have lots of pages to use) and I'm gluing 2 pages together to make them extra sturdy to take whatever medium I want to use. It worked like a charm and since it's a 2 ring binder type of deal I have the option to move the pages around (when I get more made) in any order I want. I think it's going to be just what I was looking for.

Stay tuned for more Halloween junk journal pages in the future :)

Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!