Sunday, August 16, 2020

Dreaming of Castles...

 Today I have a beautiful card to share that was so much fun to make which I made specifically for the Lavinia Challenge - #33 - Anything Goes.  I hope you enjoy....

 I started off by making the background. For some reason I was feeling green so I got out my Marabu Alcohol Inks and their fun new glitter inks and had a go at them. Further down there is a photo of the glitter inks and what they look like reflecting in the light when tilted to and fro.  The shine is amazing IRL.


After the background had dried I started stamping... It was all stamped using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink...my all-time favorite black ink. So I began with the Luna Lights, Far World Castle and Pink Orbs (the little circles on the bottom and side).   I used paint pens to extend the landscape around the castle and stamped a couple of the trees from the Tree Scene set. I then stamped the Dragon Mini and finished off with the Stars 1 Mini stamp filling in the open spaces.  I used both a black and white paint pen to add little details here and there.


Before the inks had a chance to dry I dusted the surface with the Sea Foam Fairy Hugs Powder which you can see in the above photo. The blob looking areas are the Glitter AI from Marabu - looks strange here but IRL it adds a lovely shimmer to the finished card.  


And there you have it....I hope you enjoy this card.


Supplies:

Lavinia Stamps - Stars 1 Mini, Dragon Mini, Pink Orbs, Far World Castle, Luna Lights, Tree Scene

Fairy Hugs Powder - Sea Foam

Marabu Alcohol Inks

Black Paint Pen, White Paint Pen, Glossy Cardstock, Black Card Base

9 comments:

  1. I love your enchanting scene! The bluish green background looks amazing! I love the tiny dragon flying to the castle! Makes me wonder who the princess is in that castle! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge #33!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. LOVE those sparkly inks and it looks wonderful in the green so rich and elegant. Wonderful inspiration since you have stamps that I haven't considered, but I think that they are amazing with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, so amazing! I love this! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool card I love the color it is perfect for the scene and the glitter is the cherry on top! Thanks for joining us at Lavinia Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super project, thank you for sharing it with us as Lavinia World https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roni, this turned out amazing. Thanks for sharing at Lavinia World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work!!! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World. Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!