Thursday, December 21, 2017

Carve December 2017

Well, my goal for carving every day has been shot recently due to the holidays. Between working with the leather goods, baking, cleaning and getting goodies ready for Christmas I've not been in my craft room much but I did manage to get a couple stamps carved over the weekend.  Actually, I made a couple more but they didn't turn out so I scrapped them.  It's a learning process I guess...

Anyway, here are the 2 I kept....

(Berry Blaze Kaleidacolor Ink Pad by Imagine with Tsukineko Inks)

This is another flower for my collection...this is one image I screwed up a couple times. It's harder than you'd think carving around all those little lines.  I slipped a couple times on the first one cutting away some of the divider walls, the next one ended up with some funky looking petals. Third try is the charm I guess because I really like this one.  

(Denim Kaleidacolor by Imagine)

This is my second stamp I carved. I LOVE how it turned out...the sides don't exactly line up when stamped as a quad but that's o.k...it's still pretty cool looking. Only thing is that the rubber I used isn't completely flat so I had to retouch stamping a couple areas.  I'm trying to use up these nasty pieces of rubber - I figure I'll carve them all up early on then by the time I get to my Speedball rubber I should be really good - and not make many mistakes ;)  That's the plan anyway.

Have you had any time to carve?  
I'm hoping I'll have a bit more time soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly a gifted artist. Is there anything you can not do? LOL Love your work immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to try carving! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!