Tuesday, March 29, 2016

irRESISTible Pico Embellishers

WOW, talk about causing a stir!  Many people have asked about the Pico Embellishers that I talked about yesterday on the Zet Dot Rock post.  I guess I didn't realize that they were still a hidden gem so I thought I'd introduce you to them and tell you a bit about them.


irRESISTible Pico Embellishers are these nifty bottles of goodness.  The medium is the same as the irRESISTible Texture Spray in a convenient bottle with a needle nose tip applicator.  This applicator allows you the freedom to write, draw, color or simply create fun dot embellishments with the same dimensional resist medium.



The fine tip allows you to create tiny dots the size of a pencil dot to virtually any size you want/need.


I tried to show the dimensional nature of this medium.  Hopefully you can see how tall the final dot is compared to the rest.  Once dry the medium retains this height unlike so many other dimensional mediums out there.


Here I wanted to show how easy it is to write with the Embellisher.


This fun medium comes in all sorts of colors....7 colors to match the Radiant Neon Pigment Inks,


Bronze, Copper and Gold Metallics...


Black, White, Shimmer and Clear


As well as 23 additional colors that match the Memento line of inks.  Each bottle is 1 fluid ounce of medium which goes a long way!  One of the things I love about this medium is right in the name...it resists other mediums.  I like to use this medium in conjunction with watercolors or Color Burst / Brusho color pigments. It's such a fun and easy way to make certain areas pop with an alternative color or  to "white out" some areas in my project by using white, clear or shimmer Pico and add dimension at the same time.   

The dimensional nature also lends it's self well to mixed media projects. I especially love the black and metallics for mixed media type projects because the gloss aspect adds another dimension to what can be a rather matte looking finish.  I have actually painted acrylic paints over the top of Pico before and polished it off to create an amazing contrast between the two.  

Black or White Pico embellishments used on the same color of cardstock is beautiful because the contrast of the white on white (or black on black) creates a classy, rich look not easily achieved with just paper and a single medium.

So there you go, another must have medium for your crafty tool box.



4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try these but I'd forgotten all about them. Glad to read your post and get a reminder! I think I'll get the white one first and would like one in gold also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had never heard of these but will be looking for them now for sure. Love the rocks and I am a "dot person" also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info - learned something new about something I already have, lol. Now, do you have any Fireworks Sprays? Don't see them listed as such under your Inky Labels. Would love a little post where you have a lab experiment with them. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!