Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink Charms

Today I wanted to share a fairly new ink with you from Tsukineko ~ Memento Luxe Ink.  It's a mixed media ink that works on any porous surface including fabrics!  I decided to incorporate a few colors of VersaMagic Chalk Ink and Shimmer Spritz as well just for an added dimension.  You gotta love that sparkle!

Luxe Inks 021
This past weekend I found some round wood disks from an old game at a garage sale that I thought would make perfect charms so I figured this would be the perfect chance to give the inks a try.
I started off by inking one of the charms with Danube Blue direct from the pad.  I noticed that this ink has a long open time so it lends it's self perfectly to embossing.

Luxe Inks 002
After the blue was dry, I inked part of a stamp with Lilac Posies (pink) and Rich Cocoa Luxe inks.
Luxe Inks 003
I then stamped the charm a couple times.
Luxe Inks 004
Once the flowers had dried I added a layer of Gold Shimmer Spritz and inked the edges in brown.
Luxe Inks 005
The shimmer is beautiful!
Luxe Inks 006
I decided to use a bit of the VersaMagic chalk ink on the next charm.  I covered the charm with Magnolia Bud then added a bit of Mango Madness to one edge.
Luxe Inks 011
I stamped a little joyful mouse using the Rich Cocoa Luxe ink and stamped a few leaves using Niagara Mist (chalk ink).  After the inks were all dry I used my Spectrum Noir markers to add a bit of color to the little mouse.
Luxe Inks 014
Luxe Inks 017
But I just couldn't stop so I ended up with 5 charm so far...I've got more in the works - LOL!!  These are like lay's potato chips, you can't just make one :)
I'm going to drill a hole in them to add a jump ring and I think I'll add a layer of some clear medium for shine. 
(the gears are sprayed with Copper Shimmer Spritz, Flower - Gold Shimmer Spritz and Compass - Frost Shimmer Spritz)
Luxe Inks 022
Stamp Credits: Gears, Compass, Bees - Stampers Best; Flowers - Inkadinkado; Leaves - Just For Fun Rubber Stamps; Mouse - House Mouse Designs
When I was stamping on the charms I got a bit of the Memento Luxe ink on a scrap of black cardstock.  It looked so pretty I thought I'd try stamping on a black tag.  Here's my steamy, shimmery tag.
I used the Danube Blue, Rich Cocoa and Lilac Posies Luxe Ink as well as Mango Madness Versa Magic chalk ink.  I then gave it a shot of "frost" Shimmer Spritz. 
Luxe Inks 026
To show the spritz...
Luxe Inks 025
I believe I'll try the Luxe ink on some fabric next just to see how it looks.
Be sure to stop back in and check out the results.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all your ideas. Can you sample the luxe ink on seam binding? Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using the wood circles as charms - you inspire me every day - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that on the black tag

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!