Thursday, October 1, 2009

Big Cat Sighting Today!!

O.k...I have nothing to back this up other than my word. You are simply NOT going to believe it ~ today Eric and I were on our way home from Shipshewana and we were cutting through the country since it's quicker. We were about 1/2 way there when a very large black cat (panther) crossed the road about 100 yards away in front of a pick-up truck coming towards us.

Now, I know what you're thinking...She's finally lost it!

I swear this cat's haunches were level with the top of the trucks front bumper (approx 2-2.5' tall), it was black as coal and it's tail was almost as long as it's body.

The guy in the truck stopped and went into the corn field after it ~ Eric wouldn't stop...he said I'd prob. try to talk it into coming home with me ;) LOL!! He's prob. right!

There have been sightings of one or more (they're not sure if there is more than one) all over NE Indiana. From what I understand they can cover large areas in a short amount of time and are constantly on the move.
So, that's my exciting bit of news for the day ;)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, you should've tried to lure it into the car with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--that's exciting! Do you think there's some significance to having a HUGE black cat cross your path on the first of October? Now that's something spooky to consider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I love big cats. They are so graceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!