Monday, October 19, 2009

Altered Chipboard Bracelets - #1

Hey All!

I have been wanting to post these for a while now. I saw an ad for chipboard bracelet blanks and by the time I got around to purchasing some they weren't all gone :( SOOOOO, not one to give up I put my dh on the job and he was able to come up with some for me!! He has a machine that will cut VERY thick chipboard tubes...he figured out how shim the tubes up so he can now cut any width I want!

Each bracelet is 3 1/2" wide (outside diam.), 3" (inside diam.) and I had him initially cut 1/2", 1" and 2" wide (for a cuff bracelet).

chipboard bracelet 001

chipboard bracelet 002

Now I normally don't advertise for my Etsy store (cause I'm not a good sales person) but if anyone is interested I do have 1/2" and 1" ones for sale.

ANYWAY, now that I have a good supplier I thought I'd share these little gems with you! I've got several fun ways to alter them but I thought I'd start out with something easy today...

Acrylic Paint & Chipboard Bracelets

Supplies:

Chipboard Bracelet Blank

Acrylic Paint of your choice (I used Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers)

Sponge (to apply paint)

Studio Gloss Multi-Medium

Embellishments

Instructions:

1. Pour out one or multiple colors of acrylic paint onto your non-stick craft mat along with a bit of water.

chipboard bracelet 003

2. Wet your sponge and dab on your paints in desired pattern...both inside and out.

chipboard bracelet 004

chipboard bracelet 005

3. After you are satisfied with the colors, let the paint dry completely.

chipboard bracelet 007

4. When the bracelet is dry apply one or two coats of Studio Gloss Multi-Medium. This seals the bracelet/paint and adds a nice shine! Let this layer dry completely.

chipboard bracelet 009

5. Now it's time to embellish! I added my first bit by adding Stickles ~ later after this dries I'm going to add spirals of gemstones in between the glitter lines. You can get as fancy as you like with these. If you need holes to add items you can use a Dremel Rotary tool and a small drill bit.

chipboard bracelet 011

Tomorrow after it all dries I'll share the finished bracelet with you as well as another fun way to alter these chipboard bracelet blanks!

These little beauties make great gifts and they can be personalized to fit anyone's taste, style!

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!