Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Canvas Swirl Flower Card Examples

Yesterday I shared instructions on how to create a fun and funky new flower using Ranger's Sticky Back Canvas ~ Canvas Swirl Flowers.

Well today I've got a couple cards to share with you incorporating those flowers!

If yesterday's tutorial didn't inspire you, maybe these cards will!!

A Rose...

I added a few stamens to the center of the flower. I simply poked a hole in the center ~ threaded the stems through the hole and secured them on the back. The leaves are plain white cardstock squirted with Glimmer Mist and torn into a rough leaf shape.

Canvas Swirl Flower Cards 002

Just a Note Rose Card...

Again I added a few stamen to the large flower but this time I just glued it under one of the swirls. The smaller flowers each have a sticky back gemstone for it's center. The stamps (leaves & sentiment) are Just For Fun Rubber Stamps.

Canvas Swirl Flower Cards 001

NOTE: I did want to add that while I was creating the second card the canvas came loose from the chipboard. This was one of the first flowers I had made ~ I had pulled the canvas on and off the chipboard a couple times so it must have been loose when I embossed. Much of the "sticky" side of the canvas that should have been attached to the chipboard was embossed as well. Anyway, if this happens to you, don't freak out...I simply glued the canvas back down on the chipboard and it held together perfectly!

So, now what do you think of these flowers???

Look like something you might try?

I'd love to see your results if you do make some!

Please feel free to share a link here or e-mail me :)

8 comments:

  1. Your flowers are great! I will try to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try these really like their looks. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni -

    Lovely cards and gorgeous roses. These really do look very different from anything I've seen.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and love how you done the flowers; different and unique
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice cards, flowers are great. I will need to try to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! These florals are gorgeous and nice job illustrating them! Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!