Monday, March 29, 2010

Birds Beeswax Collage

Happy Monday!

Since it actually feels like Spring today I wanted to share a really fun bird themed beeswax collage with you!

bird n egg beeswax collage 001

It was created using various vintage egg clipart/graphics; vintage dictionary pages; real feathers, flowers and foliage; Perfect Pearls and Ranger's Natural Beeswax pellets.

The base for this collage is a piece of gameboard that I trimmed to size. I LOVE how gameboards hold up even after you apply layers and layers of wax. The stuff is just the berries for all sorts of stamping, collage & altered arts techniques!!

The collage is mounted on a huge sheet of Mica.....mmmmm don't you just love it! I think mica is one of my all time favorite things to work with!

Anyway, here are a few more shots a bit more close up....

bird n egg beeswax collage 001

bird n egg beeswax collage 003

bird n egg beeswax collage 004

This collage was made using all of the beeswax collage techniques I shared a bit ago.

If you'd like to create your own birds/egg collage here are a few links to some great vintage images....





Hope you're all having an

"egg-ceptional" Spring-y Day!

8 comments:

  1. Roni, this beeswax collage is just beautiful! I love how you incorporated real feathers and the different textures look wonderful together...you even recycled a game board, very clever indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp!!! Absolutely love this Roni!! Stunning!
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is gorgeousxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun. I really must try this. Been working on Easer cards. Made a butterfly card for mom with Tim's new die, love it.(the die, may card needs something) it's on my blog dkeyser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love this one! Vintage bird images are one of my favs! thanks for sharing Roni!
    Oh.......and I see that I won your pin kit!!! Wooooooo...hoooooooooo!!!
    I can't seem to bring up your e-mail:((( If you could e-mail me at thenoon56@yahoo.com, so I could give you my info!!! Thanks so much and have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really love this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza, I'm in love with this piece! I just love the beeswax and the nature theme to it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't speak much but I do visit your bog regularly and I keep a 'gadget' on my igoogle page which gives me regular updates on your work and projects.
    I think all your stuff is at the least, extremely interesting and all the way up to gloriously inventive!
    Love this beeswax panel and will be having a go (...when I get a nano-second...!) but would like a bit of clarifiaction on the 'huge sheet of mica' bit!
    Su[er stuff Chuck!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!