Well from the looks of the survey so far many people seem to want more collage/altered art projects.
So that's just what I've got for you today!
This is not only an inky altered art project but it's also GREEN in the recycling sense of the word. There are only 4 basic ingredients for these nifty little Halloween - pumpkin candle holders....
*Glass Jars (in various shapes and sizes) ~ these can be baby food jars, mayonnaise jars, pickle jars, Prima flower bottles, etc. If you want to use it as a candle though you'll have to make sure the opening is large enough to accommodate a tea light or small candle.
*Raffia, twine, ribbon or fibers ~ green (in color)
*Alcohol Inks - Caramel, Rust & Terra Cotta
*Black Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue
1. Wash & rinse the glass jars ~ let them dry completely.
2. Squirt or shake the alcohol inks into the jar one color at a time.
3. Roll the jar around coating the entire inside of the jar. I noticed that the time it took for the alcohol inks to dry varied depending on the size of jar opening. I ended up blowing into the smaller jar to help it dry a bit quicker but I can't really recommend it...you get a LOT of alcohol fumes comin' back at you. Just be warned if you're sensitive to certain smells.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you're satisfied with the colors...
5. Cradle the jar in a towel so it doesn't move. Draw on your jack-o-lantern face using the Black Diamond Stickles.
6. Add a bit of fiber, ribbon, raffia, etc. Insert candle or tea light and you're set to go!
Now you've got a neat little center piece, hostess gift or just a fun candle set for your home!!
These little devils are so inexpensive to make you could even create a whole row of fun little pumpkin candles to line your front walk or porch in time for those little trick or treating ghouls and boys.