Sunday, January 14, 2024

A Lovely Valentine

 With Valentine's Day just around the corner Gecok Galz challenges are just the thing to get going on holiday projects.  Their monthly challenge for January is All You Need is Love so I created this...


It's an 8" wood heart that I decorated with lots of lovely Valentine's.

To begin I covered the heart with some sheet music that I had dipped into pink and red marbling ink. I used Mod Podge and it stayed tacky so I used a bit of mica powder to take the tacky away and add a lovely shimmer.

I then cut a pocket from the Love Me Do Junk Journal and adhered it to the heart.  I then filled it with the image of the couple and lots of fun vintage valentines.  The red hearts are some of the left-over blood from my Gothic journal page from earlier in this month. I didn't want it to go to waste so I covered a vintage book page with the remainder of the ink/glue mix.  It made a nice skin to cut these hearts out of.  

GG Monthly Challenge - All You Need is Love

1 comment:

  1. Your pocket heart is gorgeous, Roni and filled to the brim with cute, retro Valentine images and a gorgeous 'photo' of a love-struck couple. Thanks for joining the Gecko Galz January 'All You Need is Love' challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!