Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Lavinia Stamps

Have you ever heard of Lavinia Stamps? Maybe my USA friends haven't because they originate in the UK.  If you don't know about them you need to!! The images are beautiful - fairies, mermaids and the like.  There are a couple big suppliers here in the US that I know of....Lavinia World (which I have ordered from) and Del Bello's Designs (which I recently found).  Of course there may be others but these are the ones I know about.
Well, I stumbled upon these stamps by accident but I instantly fell in love! I am really into fairies and mermaids for some reason right now so these are right up my current alley (obsession). 

So I ordered a few stamps just to see if I'd like them or not and OH MY....LOVE THEM!!!! I have since placed a couple more orders ;)  LOL!!!  

I must say I was a bit hesitant to give them a go...if you look on FB for Lavinia groups you will see some amazing cards. After seeing them I was nervous but I make up a few alcohol ink backgrounds using Marabu AI's and this is the first card I made.....


What do you think?  I know - I went a bit overboard on the glitter...but you know me and my love of glitter - LOL!!  This glitter is a new product available at Lavinia World called Fairy Hugs Powder. They sent a sample with my first order.  OMG it is beautiful...very fine and it sticks to the VersaFine Clair ink like magic.  I didn't think it would adhere to the inks very well so I put loads of it on....needless to say it stuck so well I had to try to scrape some off so you could see the image - LOL!!


All of the images are stamped with VF Clair Nocturne ink, glitter and a bit of white paint pen. I don't know if you can see it very much in the photos but the paper has a puffy texture. Last year when DH and I went on vacation we hit up loads of Traderbakers and similar flea market/antique malls.  Well I found some old HP Glossy Plotter Paper for really cheap. I thought it would be fun to try with AI's and luckily it works great.  I was experimenting one day and I found that if you heat it up with a heat tool you can make it bubble. It holds that bubble/puffy look when it cools. Really fun for something different.  Sadly I can't find this plotter paper anywhere so it must be discontinued but I'm so happy I found it.

I'll be sharing more Lavinia creations in the near future...can't wait - I am so loving these stamps!!

Supplies:

Lavinia Stamps - Luna Lights (top), Moon Pods (bottom)
Lavinia World - Fairy 
Marabu - Alcohol Inks
White Paint Pen, Plotter Paper, Red Card Base

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!