Monday, July 20, 2020

Growing In Unity Girl - Day 1 - Very Me

Hello and welcome to my first time at being a Growing In Unity girl. I am so excited about this opportunity to share my art with you, so excited in fact that I've had my cards done for almost a month now!  It's been killing me to wait till now. LOL!!

I must confess, I had a very difficult time choosing which stamps to use because I love them all. I would have my list set then remember another set I just had to include. I finally narrowed it down to some of my absolute favorites.  I hope that you enjoy what I have in store for you this week.  On to the fun....

My first card as you can tell from the title is very me...


Let me explain a bit about my choice...I live in rural Indiana and I'm very much a simple country girl.  We own our own business and operate a small farm where my husband grows corn, soybeans and with the help of our boys they make hay and straw.  The Farm Fresh stamp set is a great starting point  because it has a lovely rustic mid-west vibe.


You might have noticed that I also have a passion for vintage ephemera. I love scouring flea markets, antique malls, resale shops, garage & estate sales to find and collect bits and pieces from the past. I have used vintage grocery store savings stamps from all over the mid-west along with a few milk caps and a nifty cream tag that was tied to the milk cans for collection! I love incorporating real vintage ephemera into my art whenever I can. I think it adds a fun touch of nostalgia to my work.


I hope you've enjoyed this initial glimpse of me and my work. Stay tuned...tomorrow is Two-fer Tuesday!

Remember to leave a comment each day to be entered to win a goodie bag of stamps from Unity!! At the end of the week I'll choose 2 lucky folks from all comments left here and on these Facebook pages - Ink Stained Roni, Growing in Unity and Unity {show & tell}.  The more you comment the better your chance at winning!  Good Luck Friends and see you tomorrow!


Supplies:

Unity - Farm Fresh

Imagine - VersaFine Clair Nocturne, Summertime (orange), Cheerful (bright yellow) and Golden Meadow (darker yellow), Jumbo Sponge Dauber

Kuretake Zig Clean Brush Markers

MFT - Rounded Corner Dies

My collection - Vintage Ephemera

46 comments:

  1. I absolutely love ur creations! I can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I love the vintage feel. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute way to start! Looking forward to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I am an Indiana girl at heart even though I live in Iowa now. My Dad and his brothers ran a dairy in Shelbyville, Indiana. I absolutely love the layers on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and the way you’ve incorporated the ephemera! The bright colors also just make it a happy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love it!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! So cute and I love the vintage touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did, your eye for detail is amazing, great catch on finding the King Korn stamps, bottle caps, what a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool card Roni. Great to include the vintage tags and labels. Congrats on being a GIU girl. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable and love your vibe! Looking forward to your creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love it! :) Very excited for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! I love the way you incorporated the vintage items! Looking forward to the rest of your projects during your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!! And I have sooo much ephemera. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super fun tag! I don't have any vintage items to use on my cards but I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is absolutely beautiful! It takes me back to better days and I love it. I look forward to the rest of the week. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely adorable card! I love all the different layers of vintage cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love the chicken! Great design and theme!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do I spy a green stamp?! Haven't seen those since I worked for Publix Supermarkets back in the early 80's. lol I had to do the weekly count of them every Saturday. Your card is fabulous and I adore the vintage vibe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just darling! I love your collection of ephemera with that rooster stamp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing a bit about you as well as your super card! Love all your vintage ephemera!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the interesting elements on your card and the "real" vintage ephemera. Great job!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is adorable! I love it that you incorporated your real life xp into your project. Makes it so much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  24. congratulations on being a Unity gal. your country theme card is wonderful. look forward to the rest of the week with you.'
    stamping sue
    stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Roni this is a fantastic card and does reflect your life on the farm. Can’t wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card looks so like the you I have come to know through your blog. Love the chicken. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How very fun and lovely. I don’t know how you can part with some actual real ephemera, but you must be a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the vintage style. Great card. Looking forward to seeing more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love this card It says vintage and thats my style!! I just might have to purchase this stamp

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card! Love the vintage, country vibe. Has a very colorful & Happy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your vintage farm card! You have an awesome collection of paper bits! What a fun thing to watch for at sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful use of the vintage ephemera!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love cards with a vintage flavor. Since I am so old, I find great memories and flashbacks of some of the things seen here on yours. I love it when art can tap into something that makes your mind flash to old memories,of which so many are rich and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yes, this is definitely all Roni! The farm motifs and the authentic ephemera are themes I've seen from you over the years and it all comes together beautifully in this card. I have a lot of ephemera that I've collected and saved over the years but am always afraid to use it. My hoarding tendencies always step in, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like the use of the ephemera. I have a lot of it but cannot seem to get them to work together like you have. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Never noticed this stamp set before on site. Super cute. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great card! Love that you're showing off the country girl in you! Also love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous card! Awesome way to use all the vintage ephemera. Can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very nice card. I'm a fan of rustic and vintage. I'd say you nailed it. Wonderful vibe! Congratulations on being a unity girl.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love this card. It is really fun to look at all the interesting elements. It is awesome. I love the idea of using vintage ephemera. So unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. How wonderful to see you add your flare to this wonderful card! Great card- love the chicken and all of the emphera!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Soooo adorable! I'm drawn to vintage ephemera, too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I was on vacation last week, so didn't get a chance to comment until now, but I love this card. I have some of those S&H green stamps and now I know what to do with them. Great card and start to your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!