Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Christmas in July - Day 2 Yappy Howl-Idays!

Welcome back to my Christmas in July 2020 celebration. Today I wanted to share a fun shaker card made using a fun stamp from The Rabbit Hole Designs called Pawlidays and a brand new limited edition Sparkle Blends sequins mix called Oh Christmas Tree!


I love this new set of stamps from The Rabbit Hole Designs. Those fellas are just too dog-gone cute (sorry, couldn't resist!).  I love that the terrier is wearing a Christmas Tree costume...I thought it would make a perfect base for a shaker card.  

Step 1 - I stamped the image onto white cardstock and colored it using a variety of colored pencils.

Step 2 - I fussy cut the interior of the tree away.

Step 3 - Affix a piece of clear acetate to the back of the card. 

Step 4 - Use double stick foam tape to create a well for the shaker bits.

Step 5 - Fill the shaker with Oh Christmas Tree sequin embellishment mix.

Step 6 - Cover the bits with a piece of cardstock which had been covered with Jade/Gold Glossy foiled paper.

Step 7 - Affix this panel to a red card base.

Step 8 - Add a few sequins to the tree from the Sparkle Blend called Old St. Nick.  

Step 9 - Add a fimo Candy Cane (Sparkle Blend - Merry Mint) to the antlers.



Have a howlin' good day my friends!!


Supplies:

Sparkle Blends Limited Edition Sequin Mixes - Oh Christmas Tree, Old St. Nick, Merry Mint

The Rabbit Hole Designs - Pawlidays

Imagine - VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink

Cardstock, Acetate, Double Stick Foam Tape, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!