Thursday, June 12, 2008

Off to the Zoo....

Seriously - LOL!! My oldest DS & his girlfriend want to go to the zoo and asked if I'd like to go :) We'll be heading to Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo - one of the nations top children's zoo!! It's a great place and happy to say it's so close.

Since I won't be able to craft till late I thought I'd share a couple of ATC's I made for this month's ATC Swap on About.com.

The first was inspired by my "Bombshell" Fat Book Page. It's Veronica Lake ~ the original "Peek-A-Boo" girl! And nope, I'm not named after her but she does have a nice name huh? LOL!!! (sorry the pic's kind of blurry...had to hurry this a.m. & didn't realize it till it was too late.)
The background is stamped with Inkadinkado Border Stamps & has Magenta Stickles added. The sentiment is by Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

June ATC002


The next one I made using a great new set of stamps from Nancy Maxwell James @ Sugar Lump Studios. It's called "By The Sea" and it's totally awesome! LOVE the images!!!

I stamped the background with Distress Inks & applied some Cinnamon Stickles for glitter sand around the right & bottom edges. I then stamped the applied images onto cardstock using archival inks, cut them out and mounted. Once they were on the card, I added Sepia Accents to the Sand Dollar & Star Fish, Glossy Accents to the fish. When the Accents had dried I stamped them again using Archival Ink over the top. Gave it a more dimensional feel I think.

June ATC001


I've got some other ATC's in the works but none finished enough to photograph. If we get back in time and it's not storming yet (they are calling for some really rough stuff again tonite/tomorrow) I want to talk about the little button I have added to the right ~ the Christmas Challenge!! It's a great idea and hopefully you'll join in on the fun with me :)

Have a great day everyone...go get Inky!!


4 comments:

  1. Love both of these Roni! Have fun at the Zoo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those, especially the seaside one. It would never have occured to me to stamp again on top of the glossy accents, but you are right it does add dimension and looks fab. Hope you enjoy your visit to the zoo... I have been enjoying my day playing with the new Ranger products that arrived today - thank you for the great blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love your By the Sea atc ... using the glossy accents just makes it glisten beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work-and I need to say thank you-I received your wonderful package today-through floodwaters and everything!!! It is a great diversion from rain and weather watching!!! Thanks so much!
    chris p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!