Friday, June 20, 2008

4 for 1 - Border Stamps

Today's 4-1 deals with border stamps...they look so neat in the package but what do you do with them besides make borders?!?!? Well, here are a few ideas!!

This border is from Inkadinkado Border set...it's fun & funky and here's what I did with it...

Of course first and foremost you can use it to make a border!

UTEE 0508002


But...think outside the stamp a little bit and turn it into flower stems....

4-1 Diamond Border Stamp003


Or stamp and emboss a few strips to use instead of ribbon on your projects...

4-1 Diamond Border Stamp002


And if you're feeling really ambitious, stamp the entire background!!!

4-1 Diamond Border Stamp001


The possibilities are endless when you've got a great stamp to start with :)

Now it's time for you to pull all of your dusty border stamps out and give them some new life!!

Here is a peek at next weeks Ink Stained Sketch!

Remember if you give it a try for anything - scrapbook lay-out, card, altered canvas, etc. Send me a link or an image and I'll add it to the results next week!

(not sure why the top & bottom lines are gone but you get the general idea)

Now, remember this is just a starting point...instead of flowers maybe you want to use 3 photos, or 3buttons or whatever. Take the general idea and run with it :) Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Ink Stained Sketch #3


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ah... love this. My favorite is the background you created by using the boarder stamp all the way across.

    On the dandelion card, how did you create the orange background? I LOVE sequin waste, but I have the hardest time with it. I always seem to get ink or paint or whatever I am using under it so my circles end up blurry and indistinct. I think it's my very favorite background / collage element so any tips you can give would be very much appreciated.

    Fun sketch, too. This time I will make something FOR SURE, k? (You heard it here, folks. I said it so now I have to DO IT! )

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! The backgrounds with border stamps are just super! That border stamp you have is a really nice one...and very versatile. I've used them in place of ribbon, but have to say that I've really underused my border stamps. This gives me more ideas...I'll have to rummage through my collection and see what I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Phinny, we're holding you to it! I made 3 cards with the last sketch, so will expect you to come up with something this time around!! Maybe I'll even do another one! We could end up with a foot and half of cards, just like roni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas for the border stamps. I have a set that are supposed to look like ribbon, rick rack,etc and never do. Now I need to find that set and try the background idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! The background is a technique using the Pigment Inks & water! When I'm using sequin waste I always try to pounce my ink on with either cut & dry foam or the IBT & Foam. The foam is more of a "dry" application and doesn't tend to seep under the sequin material.

    I'm gonna hold you to the sketch remark ;) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!