Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Club Scrap - Lock & Key Blog Hop

October's Club Scrap
 
 Blog Hop!
 
(Note - If you're looking for the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween project, please scroll to the next post.)

Well I have to admit that this months collection had me a bit stumped.....


Beautiful isn't it?
Well the reason I was stumped is because I loved it sooooo much!
I was afraid to start a project and then later on decide that it just wasn't worthy of such great paper.  So I thought and thought and thought.... 
Finally I really looked at the stamps and low and behold a spark of an idea came to mind....   

 
You can't really read it from the photo but one of the lines along the edge of the collage stamp in the upper L hand corner says,
"'Tis in my memory lock'd, And you yourself shall keep the key of it." 
It got me to thinking of ways to keep memories locked away for safe keeping.  Yes, a scrapbook would work but I wanted something a bit more unusual so as I was cleaning and putting things away recently I came upon a cigar box and my project was born!
 
Keepsake Memory Box
 
Everything was from the kit with the exception of the cigar box (of course), the ribbon embossing ink, copper EP and a bit of metallic bronze acrylic paint.  I also used a Spectrum Noir marker to add a bit of turquoise blue highlights to the strip along the side.  I am just so pleased with how it turned out and it was such fun to make!  It's just waiting to be filled with memories!

 
And a few more views....




 
I used up the bits and pieces left over from making the memory box to create several cards....
You know, I had SO much fun using the sheet of copper jewel stickers.  When I first saw them in the kit I thought, gosh those will be tedious to use....the smalls are REALLY tiny.  Instead, I added the 3 tiny ones to the upper corner of this card and I found it was pretty fun so I kept going...
 
 
and going....
 
 
and going...
I know this is going to sound odd but they are really quite relaxing to use.
It's sort of a zone out, Zen kind of thing - LOL!!

 
These nifty star burst sequins & mini brads are also included in the kit.
 
 
Anyway, I hope all of the fun I had playing with this kit is somehow translated into the finished cards and memory keepsake box.

 
The next stop on the hop is
 
 
If you get lost along the way, be sure to check out the
 Club Scrap Blog for the complete list of hoppers.
 
Have a wonderful day!

 

25 comments:

  1. Such an amazing kit and an equally amazing project to go right along with it Roni! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Roni! I didn't even realize that quote was there, here it inspired your project...so cool! Love the cards, too...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni,you did a beautiful job with this kit. I love the box and the cards. I do need more time....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the box and the cards! We had similar gold stickers once before and they are just wonderful!! Need to break these open, I already got extra!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm scrolling down the page looking at the pics and saying, "Wow, wow, WOW!" I love the way you pulled so many elements together. And the embossing in the cigar box--love it! Will be casing a LOT of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roni-this is fantastic work! Thank you so much for diving in despite your initial hesitation. ;) The results are fabulous. And you're right, the Dazzle stickers never look as fabulous on the master sheet, but using them is a piece of cake, and I love the results. I like that they provide dimension and flair without adding bulk and weight. Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous work. Love the neutrals with that turquoise. The cards are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came for 31 Days, but just had to comment on your beautiful work here. Absolutely GORGEOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea you chose to use this kit with. It's fantastic. I love all the added projects you made out of the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - thank you so much,.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roni, I loved the outside of your cigar box, but then you opened it and I loved it more! The use of those paper bags on the inside is great. Your cards are fabulous too - I have to break out those Dazzles stickers and play thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project and I have several old cigar boxes in my closet.....thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cigar box is beautiful - what wonderful idea. Your cards are such an inspiration too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice project, I don't have a cigar box but I have a box perfume came in, I think this project might work with it. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every bit of this box is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I am so making this and you are right. This paper is perfect for this project. I just picked up 8 cigar boxes for potential gifts. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate to thinking papers and supplies are so precious I want to be sure I use them for the perfect project. In the end it comes down to the joy you find making a project and the love and happiness you share when sending it on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you did with your kit Roni! I have to admit this is one of the most gorgeous kits that Club Scrap has come up with! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cards but that box is wonderful, Great job ! !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this box...very nice looking. The copper looks so good. Perfect for secret correspondence!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Those dazzles are pretty addictive. I like to use a craft knife to lay mine out. They're not nearly as fiddly as you think, and they're an easy way to add shine without adding dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such great work! Your work shows the love & respect you have for the quote & the kit! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,Melitta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!