Wednesday, October 9, 2013

31 Days of Halloween - Day 9 - Never More...

Smeared & Smudged
31 Days of Halloween
Day #9

Today I decided to make something a little more dimensional to go with my "BOO" project that I shared on the 1st....

I thought it would be fun to "mount" a critter and what's more Halloween than a Raven!!  I think he looks pretty cool there...



The wood plaque is one I picked up at the same estate sale that I got the other frames...
I painted then distressed the wood then I just chopped a Styrofoam raven in two.  I glued him to the plaque and then stamped the sentiment on some parchment paper.  The quote was then matted on gold metallic cardstock and affixed to the plaque.
 



If you've got a chance, check out my project on Altered Pages today...
They are participating in the 31 Days of Halloween too and they are also a sponsor!
Here's a sneak peek...

 
Be sure to check out the rest of the 31 Days of Halloween participants for more Halloween fun!
 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous! and goes so well thith the other dacor. Loved your canvas, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you added imagery to your description just with the word "chopped."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This raven is something that I am going to have to try, LOVE! Great distressing won the wood and looks great under your frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Gonna go home and copy-cat you, ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's perfect for Halloween! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun you are having! Love this framed pieces with your mounted Raven! Just saw your inchie canvas in detail and that is drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That raven is so cute. I hope you keep him on display. Fantastic. I loved your inchies and left some love at AP for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a pretty cool plaque Roni! Great idea to alter the raven. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. annother idea I would have never thought of but love...altered raven head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the raven plaque! What a fun idea. And your inchie art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!!! That is an amazing idea! I'm so stealing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A styrofoam raven!? Love it!!! Fabulous plaque! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a crow friend who would love this! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Crow is amazing.... I may have to make one, I have a crow that has lost his tail feathers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!