Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Days of Halloween - Day 3 - Suddenly there came a tapping...

Smeared & Smudged
31 Days of Halloween
Day #3
 
Are you looking for the scavenger hunt image???
Are you checking each day to see who the winners are???
You should be!  You could be the lucky winner of any number of amazing prizes given so generously by loads of great sponsors.
To check out the new hint each day and see who won the previous day
be sure to check Terra's blog each day!
 
Good Luck Everyone!!!
 
Now, on to my project!
 
Tapping Gothic Arch
 
I got some new stamps from Stampers Best and the instant I saw them laying on my desk I knew what I wanted to do....
Yes, immortalize Poe's poem...
 
Doesn't she look like she's curious yet a bit frightened
by that tap tap tapping at her chamber door?
 
 
A closer photo...

 
I don't know if you can tell or not
It's so hard to pick up things like this in photos but the hall way was stamped 7 times and each column was cut out and mounted onto the previous layer using foam tape.

It's about 1.5" off the arch it's self but with the flowers and fiber it looks cool in person...
just like she was gazing down a very long, dark and spooky hall.

 
So remember to check out all the other fun entries for today.
 
***Charm swappers - remember only a week left to get your charms to me!!!***

23 comments:

  1. loving your gothic arch and the dimension!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a haunting piece. Beautiful! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I love the archway and hallway. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you mentioned about the hallway. My jaw dropped when I realized that. Flash takes a lot of the dimension away, oh well. Very eerie and yes I can hear the tapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really like the fiber and how you carried it over. Really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW the layering of the hallway is awesome... Great card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was admiring that hallway. Thanks for telling us the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was blown away before you mentioned the depth of the arch! Fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful project Roni, love what you did with your new images!!! Hey, if you're doing your Halloween domino charms again don't forget about my DominoART 31 Days of Halloween Reader's Gallery...everyone one can submit their altered game art for a chance at a prize ;0)
    http://dominoartblog.blogspot.com/p/dominoart-readers-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project Roni. Great depth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome and the wording is super great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Roni...this is a great piece of art. Love how you made the column so dimensional! Your stamping is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing....need to add that stamp too to my wish list! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project love the dimensional arch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very haunting and love the vintage twist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very spooky hallway indeed! I was wondering how you achieved the look of the long hall. Her placement and stance are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow the hallway is awesome! I just love gothic arch cards! that woman, the flowers its all so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool, love how you did the hallway. She does look like she might be a bit worried about whats tap tap tapping at her door.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! i love that you 3D'd the image!! Fab! mo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!