Saturday, October 26, 2013

31 Days of Halloween - #26 + Leslie's Steampunk Halloween!

Smeared & Smudged
31 Days of Halloween
Day #26
 
and
 
today is also
 
Leslie's Steampunk Halloween Blog Hop!!!
 
I am so excited...
I can't think of two themes I like more but combined it's heaven!
 
So, here is my Steampunk Halloween creation....
I have been so excited about this I could hardly wait to share it with you.
I had soooo much fun making this mask ~ I hope you like!
 
Stamp Credits: Damask background stamp - Deep Red Rubber Stamps - Stampers Best
 
This mask started off as one of those plastic masks with the rubber string to hold it on.  Well, I stamped some tissue paper with the damask background stamp then painted the tissue paper with the bronze Distress Paint.  After it was dry I decoupage it to the mask.  I left it to dry overnight.
 
Once it was dry the fun part began.  I added the tinted Dresden Trim around the edge then added the glittery bat trim and Cinnamon Stickles around the eyes.  While that layer was drying I made several copper rosettes (it's plain white copy paper I painted with the bronze paint.).  I also painted several chipboard gears from Leaky Shed with Distress Paints in various colors.
 
After the mask had dried I began adding the rosettes; gears and glittery bits to the mask in addition to the feathers and Steampunk charms.  Finally I added some Halloween fibers and the stick which is actually two Halloween sucker sticks glued together.
 
It took a while but I LOVE how it turned out.
Here are more pics from various angles.....
 


 




 
Now all I need is my copper corset and flower black lace skirt and I'm ready for the
Steampunk Halloween Ball!
 
Be sure to check out the rest of the Steampunk Halloween bloggers (listed below) and the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween participants (listed at the top of the right hand column).
 

 

Hope you have a Steamy Halloween!!!

29 comments:

  1. This mask is BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project! A wonderful decoration not only for halloween season!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - truly amazing !!! I LUV this creation - it's gorgeous !!

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mask!! I love those glitter skulls!!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could wear this to a very fancy masquarade ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the skulls you worked in!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni, your talent is such inspiration. I love masks of all sorts, I have done them in clay, in paper mache, and simply paper, so this one is extra special in my thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous, fabulous, awesome, and such an inspiration. Did I say I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant and chic steampunk embellishment to your costume! It's lovely - and I'm sure you'll receive LOTS of rave reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this mask...so beautiful and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mask. I think I need to make a accent wall with some. Such wonderful inspiration Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely ADORE this mask - love love LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE masquerade masks and this one is divine! Great job Roni! Happy steampunk blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING!!! This is stunning!! Love the damask on there, fabulous feathers, the hangy down bits are gorgeous, love the rosettes and the 'boo' and the gears, and the whole thing is just so detailed! Spot something new everytime I look! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Roni! What a cool steampunk mask. Love everything about this, especially all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY FAULOUS mask! Love all the Steampunk details. Looks like you had a ball making it. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful detailed work, wonderful design layout, love the added texture with the feathers and fibers, loving it great job! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOSH.... this is a STUNNING mask... I love love love it.... so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Roni, this mask goes way beyond fantastic. I don't think I have a name for it. I love it. You should take a pic of yourself wearing it so we can get the full effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You took something crappy and turned it into some fabulous!!!!! Love all the elements you added, love how you made this, love it all! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful mask, love all the details especially all that glorious fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anyone would be so proud to wear this mask to a ball! It is so detailed and I love the peacock feather.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous, outstanding, need one, hope I can make it, wonder mask! This is superb, each layer added something more to the overall look. Thank you for sharing the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  25. BEAUTIFUL! Roni your mask is amazing!!! I love the details of the gears and dangly trinkets!! and of course the feathers! The Stamped Tissue Paper is beautiful and really transforms your plastic mask! LOVE it! Thank you for being a part of my Steampunk Halloween Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous job Roni! Love all the details and textures

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beyond fabulous. Wonderful, stunning and sooo appreciate all the work and detail you have put into this mask. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Where do your ideas come from. That is amazing. So much detail yet not overdone at all. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!