Thursday, June 16, 2011

Altered Charm Swap - Due 8-6-11 - Sign Ups NOW OPEN!!!

Ink Stains
Altered Charm Swap
Due 8-6-11
(This is an in my hands due date)

Altered Charm Pin 003

The Altered Charm Swap Poll has closed and it looks like there is plenty of interest in another swap ~ YEAH!!!  It looks like it's split between now and in a month or so.  To enable everyone to play I set the deadline for August 6th, 2011.  That gives you a little over 7 weeks to make/send your charms.  You of course don't have to wait that long, if you finish them early please feel free to send them along.  I have a special home just waiting for them to arrive.

Altered Charm Swap Details...

Each person will make 5 charms (either the same or different) and get 5 different charms back. You would not get your own back so be sure to make an extra to keep for yourself.   In addition to the charms you will also receive a 5 loop silver charm pin (pictured below) for you to hang your new charms from.  Of course you don't have to use the pin but it's just a nice extra something from me to you for joining in on the fun. 


NOTE: I have the silver version ~ 3" long with 5 loops.

The charms can be created from anything you can dream up... there are tons of ideas on the web (search images under things like altered charms, altered charm bracelets, altered charm necklaces, Tim Holtz style necklace, charm swap; etc.)

There are also lots of ideas here on Ink Stains which can be found under: Acrylic Charms; Charms; Jewelry.   You can also check out the results from the first - Ink Stains Altered Charm Swap Results.  I will also be sharing more charm ideas from now to the due date to inspire and encourage you so be sure to stay tuned! 

If you have a copy of my book ~ Teach Yourself Visually Collage & Altered Arts there is an entire chapter dedicated to creating your own charms.

*You could create your charm from acrylic pieces, glass, metal, clay, found objects, etc. You could embellish bought metal charms (please don't send a plain metal charm) with beads, chain, gears, watch bits or other items. There are many pendant blanks, bezels, etc. that can be altered (insert photo/words, etc & fill with Glossy Accents or the like); you could fill little bottles with sand/beads and other goodies ~ sealed & findings added. And so much more...let your imagination run wild!

*Each charm should have a jump ring or lobster clasp so all you have to do is attach it to the charm pin when you get them back.

*You can make up to 4 different sets** of charms (1 set = 5 of the same charm).  I will give you a pin for each set you send. :)  

**Please note that each set should be a different design.  It makes it difficult to swap out if there are 15 of the exact same design.

Packaging:

*I would like it if each person would identify their charms either by placing it in a baggie with their name and e-mail addy or mounting it on a small card or tag with the same info. It's always nice to be able to thank people personally when you receive a piece of their art work. 

Mailing:

DUE DATE - 8-6-11(This is when the charms must be in my hands.)

NOTE: I am in the United States but welcome anyone to play along.  Please keep in mind that it make take up to 2 weeks mailing time to arrive here in the states depending on what country you live in so please plan appropriately when you send your charms.

*Please package your charms securely so they arrive in good condition.

*Include a self addressed envelope for the return trip.

*Send $3.00 (US) or $6.00 (International) for each set you send for the return postage (or $5.00 for Priority Mail here in the US) - I will return any unused postage to you. PLEASE do NOT include pre-metered postage labels. My local post office will not accept these. They will refuse them! If you would like to pay-pal me the money that would work as well.  Whatever works easiest for you works for me.

Sign Ups:


If you would like to sign up for this swap, please post a comment with your name (screen name or real name) and a working e-mail addy*.  I don't need to know how many sets you will be making ~ whatever you send will be fine with me. 

When you sign up, please include your e-mail addy (spaces added) so I can contact you.  I will be sending the swap details, my mailing address and swap updates/reminders to this e-mail address. Please be sure it is a working address that you check often so you can stay up to date on all the swap info.  Let me know if you don't receive an e-mail from me within 24 hours of signing up and I will re-send.   Thanks!

Blue = Recd
  1. Roni
  2. Dixie (Mom)
  3. Brenda S.
  4. Lori W.
  5. Scrapyard Butterfly
  6. Sandy
  7. Hecate
  8. Carolyn
  9. Jo J
  10. Neil
  11. Sherry E - Recd
  12. Andrea
  13. Theresa P - sent
  14. Connie B
  15. Helen C
  16. Von
  17. Darqueangel9
  18. Diane
  19. Ink Pattie
  20. Sherry (Creatology)
  21. Jennie (Whimsical Wren)
  22. Gail - sent
  23. Jan
  24. Khess136
  25. Laura -sent
  26. Celina
  27. Cheryl L
  28. Shirley H - sent
  29. Cassie - sent
  30. Carol W
  31. JoZarty
  32. Sue A
  33. Pam J
  34. Debbie
  35. Margaret R.
  36. Julie O'B
  37. Becky W
  38. Candy C
  39. Vic
  40. Caroline D.
  41. Olga B

50 comments:

  1. me me me me me sooooo excited.
    Brenda Stringer
    stringbean95@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am IN!!! yay - the last batch of charms were amazing!!

    Can't wait

    Jen @ jenmphillips2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want in!!!
    Lori Williams
    moosekrazy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'm new here, may I join too?
    chelseashellenbarger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first swap was so much fun, I'm in!!
    Sandy
    tlinders @ comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sounds like fun, I'm in!

    Hecate Leigh

    dokidokicute@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woops! Forgot to leave my email address:
    bw1@rebkadesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to participate again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to play again - the last swap was too fun and netted some amazing charms!
    lostgame at pacbell dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to be in the charm swap.
    Jo Johnson
    smudge8009@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, please pop me in for this one too! I had a fab time last one!
    Neil Walker
    nsasthewalkers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in the UK, but would love to join in with your swap.

    sherry.edwards @ tiscali.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm getting in early, sign me up

    andrea61@netspace.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to be included please. Judith Smith judith@tnjsmith.fsnet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please include me too!
    Theresa Petermann
    theresa.petermann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please sign me up.
    Can't wait to start.
    Looks like a lot of fun.
    Helen Cleary

    bluehelenll@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sign me up, please. The last one was sooo much fun! Anne, yourmainestamper

    anne.thompson@fairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes please :)
    Von-forever-21@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. me me me toooo
    elaine_workman0461@hotmail.com
    Elaine Paullus

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in. My very first swap. This should be fun.
    darqueangel9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did I miss this one. I have been MIA from my computer lately. Trying to get all the yard work done and work and you know how it is.
    I was in the first one so if I missed this one I'll catch the next. Love the charm swaps. Their my favorite swap.
    keyser4diane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. please sign me up! thefultonsearthlinknet

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's the_fultons and earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Roni: Please count me in on the charm swap. I have never done one and am always sad that I missed out on such wonderful fun. Your sample pin with the charms is fabulous! Thank you...Saucy Chick Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to join in the fun!
    Katina

    kjkoukla(at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Me please.

    Jennie

    email is question4wren @ btopenworld.com

    I will need to Paypal you postage as I am in the UK

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm in roni again roni..thanks..loves ya
    tsha1@nolimitsinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I guess I'm not eligible to participate?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so excited! I did the first swap and received some wonderful charms. The pin is such a nice touch as well...Thanks so much!
    Jan
    newmexicoparrot@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Roni, this looks amazing! Please count me in...I can hardly wait!! Thanks so much!

    khess136@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Roni, this sounds like a lot of fun! Sign me up, please!

    Laura Wray (Dragonfly Paper Arts)

    dragonflypaperarts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me Too!!! This looks like so much fun and I have your book, so I have great ideas for making the charm!! I want in on this one!!

    Celina
    celmmm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really enjoyed looking at the last charm swap. I'm jumping in on this one!

    libmanc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Please include me as well.

    Shirley
    ShirleyHallDesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds like so much fun!
    Cassie
    casserole14 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. If there is any room left, I would love to join in.

    Carol
    clworkman4 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello! I'm in! I would love to do this as well! This will be my first time. :)

    <3 Candy

    ccolwell9@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'd love to join please, please and pretty please, as I've always wanted to do a charm swap. It's exciting and looks and sounds great.
    JoZarty

    ReplyDelete
  39. Doh! I didn't leave my email....sorry!
    sewjo@hotmail.com
    JoZarty

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would love to participate. I just got addicted to making these!

    sueayawho at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would really like to join this swap please!

    Nadine

    nlujan72@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Would love to be in the charm swap.
    Pam Johnson
    ps.johnson@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. I want to play.

    Can I please have two spots?

    I am new to your swaps, but have
    swpaed a lot with 2Peas.
    Debbie

    dlv3@pge.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. oooooh, me please, if it isn't too late :D

    Allie
    leathealligator[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Please add my name to the list. This sounds like fun. I'm sending you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would like to participate! I'll send my email separately. (I think you still have it but I want to be sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Add me to the list, please.

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Please add me to the list too! Sounds so fun! I'll send you an email with my email addy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Me too please. Olga Brock. olgacrafts@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!