Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Embossed Alcohol Ink Resist Technique

Today I have a fun resist technique to share with you using one of my favorite mediums...Alcohol Inks!  With the addition of the Lights and Brights lines to the original Earthtones they offer unlimited possibilities.

Supplies:

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 001

Alcohol Inks
Clear Embossing Powder
Clear Embossing Ink
Ink Applicator & Felts
Iron
Heat Gun
Rubber Stamps (Inkadinkado)
Glossy Cardstock
Plain White Cardstock or Scrap Paper

Instructions:

1. Apply a light color of Alcohol Ink to the entire panel.  This will be the color that shows through the embossed images.  (Butterscotch was used for this example.)

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 002

2. Stamp desired images on the panel using clear embossing ink.

3. Sprinkle images with clear embossing ink; shake off excess back into jar and heat to emboss the images.

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 003

4. Apply desired colors of Alcohol Inks to the entire piece of cardstock.  (I used Rust, Cranberry, Meadow and Terra Cotta for this example.)

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 004

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 005

5. Place a sheet of white cardstock over the inked panel.  Iron the cardstock to melt the embossed image.  The white cardstock will absorb the melted embossing powder to reveal the image hidden in the Alcohol Inks.

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 007

Immediately remove the cardstock ~ if the embossing powder has cooled and the paper wants to stick to your inked panel simply run the iron over the stuck areas to remelt. 

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 008

If you used images without text you might be able to use both the original inked panel as well as the scrap of cardstock used to absorb the melted embossing powder as it transfers the Alcohol Inks that were applied over the embossing.

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 009

And you're done! 

You've got a really cool resist image to incorporate into cards, tags, scrapbooks and more!

Embossed Alcohol InkResist 010

Tomorrow I will share the cards I created with these nifty images!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Roni -

    I love this! The results you get with this technique are just stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!!! I have all the supplies and plan on trying this one! You are always amazing me with you wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove this technique!!!! Now ..thanks to you, I can do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cool technique! I think i may try this for my cards this Christmas, just need to get some glossy paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I LOVE THIS!! Alcohol inks are one of my faves too. I'll be doing this soon!! Like tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! I always think I don't do enough with my alcohol inks so found your tutorial really interesting. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh this is so awesome. I am going to have to give this a try. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a wonderful technique, love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovin' this technique...you never fail to amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this technique, I would definitely love trying out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did try this and the first one came out great. But the 2nd and 3rd ones I over heated. So now I know that I cannot heat them that long. I will post a photo on my blog tonight. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!