Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thunder, Lightening and Wind ~ Oh MY!!

Whew!!!!!!

Did we ever have one heck of a storm last night!

It started moving in our area around 5:00pm with very high winds and progressively got worse. We ended up losing our power about 10:00pm due to trees on power lines.

They haven't determined if it was a tornado or straight line winds (??) yet but whatever it was went right over our house and knocked over several trees in the cemetery on the next block which were the ones that took out our power.

I tell you, you just don't realize how electricity impacts your life until you don't have it. Lights, air conditioning, computer, phones, printer, water, etc.... It even makes crafting difficult! Lights aside, I never realized how often I use my heat gun to quickly dry inks, water, etc. Without fans or air conditioning it seemed like things were taking FOREVER to dry so I finally gave up. The humidity was just too high to get things done with my sanity intact. LOL!!

Tomorrow I will have the JFF challenge for you (got that finished yesterday before the storms hit) and if things work out tomorrow afternoon I'm planning on sharing some fun info about the Bic Markers that I learned while experimenting! If I don't get it posted tomorrow then on Saturday for sure ;)

AND

I got some really great mail today....

I rec'd July's Get Inked Stamp kit

and

the first run of MY NEW STAMP LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooo Hooooo!!!

I am so pleased with how they came out. I have several vintage/retro people, 3 realistic bird/egg sets and another cool image that I just cannot wait to share with you.

All of these images go "live" on July 7th!!

I'm hoping to add lots more vintage images to line in the coming months :)

I can't wait to hear what you think of them!

So that's my news of the day...

sorry it wasn't a fun technique or project but sometimes Mother Nature just does not know when to tone it down and take a chill pill. LOL!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through the storm. Congrats on the stamp line! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your new stuff! Those stamps sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! I can't wait to see your new stamps - I want them already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear you FORGOT one thing... PICTURES DEAR WE NEED PICTURES OF YOUR STAMPS!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I'm incredibly impressed that you were able to come up with TWO card for this color challenge!! I'm like a deer in the headlights when I see the word "pink" in the lineup!!
    And congrats on the stamp line!! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...I can't show you the stamps yet ~ this was just a tease ;) You have to wait till the 7th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!