Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Scene Stamping! A Day By The Stream

 Today I wanted to share my latest Fairy Hugs creation...

This is my first attempt at a full blown scene. It's not a card but it's full of lots of fun stamping, watercolor and glitter. The finished project is approximately 9" x 11" - (the scene it's self is 8" x 10"). 




A Day By The Stream

This is my first attempt at a full blown scene. It's not a card but it's full of lots of fun stamping, watercolor and glitter. The finished project is approximately 9" x 11" - (the scene it's self is 8" x 10"). 

To create this card I started off by stamping the scene slightly off to one side of the panel. I then stamped the bridge over the narrow part of the stream. I decided where to place each of the fairies using the acetate sheet from the stamp and stamped those as well.

I then stamped the Wild Leaves along the bottom of the scene using 3 different shades of green layering them to give them depth.  I stamped the Fantasy Flowers using Nocturne ink over top of the Wild Leaves.  I also stamped the Leafy scrolls in the upper left hand corner to give the illusion of a tree in the foreground.

Now, the Stream stamp didn't extend to the edges of the panel so at this time I took a black sharpie marker and extended the existing lines either to the edge of the panel or to the foliage.

After all the ink had dried I used Prima Watercolor Confections watercolor paint to color the water, beach, grassy hills and sky. I also used a bit to fill in the area where the leaves and flowers were stamped.

I thought the sky needed a little something so I added some fluffy clouds. To remove the sky color from the clouds I dabbed a bit of water inside each cloud, let it set then dabbed it away using a paper towel. The color lifted right off and I was left with a creamy whip cream cloud! I used the Gelly Roll glitter pen to give each cloud a silver glittery lining.

Next I added glitter to the fairy wings and to the water area. The Leafy Canoe was stamped on scrap paper twice, once using Acorn and once using Green Oasis VFC ink. They were fussy cut, assembled then popped in the stream using foam tape.

Once the panel was completely dry I matted it with white and carnation cardstock.

As I mentioned before this was my first attempt at a large scene and I really enjoyed the entire process. It was so much fun I think I'm going to make a few more.

Fairy Hugs Supplies:







 



Be sure to stop by our Fairy Hugs Facebook Group 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!