Friday, May 31, 2013

"Create" Mini Mint Tin - Necklace

Well, I was finally able to get my necklace finished...
(I had an unexpected pick-up for our business today)
I started off by alcohol inking the back of the box with Espresso AI. 




Then I set about turning it into a necklace.  I used an eye pin threaded through the hold I poked in the top, I twisted a loop into the top and used it to hang from my necklace....  This is the second design I made and ended up using.  I wanted to have a string of little gears on each side but it just wouldn't lay right.  I had one side that kept wanting to twist and twist.  It would have been o.k. if both sides did it but it just ended up driving me crazy. 

Sooooo, I took it all off and started off fresh.  I used the two larger gears that I attached to the chain.



I need to come up with something else to put on the front...
a word, phrase, embellishment?!?!?

Any ideas???

I just think it looks so unfinished.
I'd love your suggestions!

Next week be sure to stop in, I'm going to be trying my hand at a new (to me) technique that I've been seeing quite a bit ~ it's where you create a collage, paint it black then shimmer it up.  I don't know that it has a name but I saw it first from Mark Perry - The Male Crafter.
Like I said, I don't think this particular style has a name but I think it should be Aurora or Northern Lights.  It reminds me of the Northern Lights dancing in the sky.

Anyway, I'll take you along as I try my hand at one of these gems!
Hope to see you then!!

1 comment:

  1. How about a little fan of lace with the point under the star?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!