Monday, May 13, 2013

Goosebumps Texture Spray

This week I wanted to share a bit about Goosebumps Texture Spray from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko.


This is a really fun medium that adds texture without color. 
Goosebumps comes in three finishes - Glossy; Matte and Shimmer.  It's a unique spray that is a bit thicker than a dye/ink spray and holds it's shape once sprayed onto your project. 

All you do is squirt the Goosebumps onto your cardstock and let dry.
Dry time will vary depending on the surface it was sprayed on; temperature; humidity and of course how thickly the medium was applied.

The example on the left is the Matte Goosebumps sprayed while holding the bottle approx. 3-4" from the paper.  The example on the right is Glossy Goosebumps sprayed approximately 7-8" from the cardstock.  You will notice the closer the bottle is to the project the thicker and larger the droplets are.  The farther away you are the finer the droplets.


These next two photos are trying to show you the texture that the Goosebumps creates.
Each little drop of spray holds it's original shape once dry.  The top is the Glossy Goosebumps, the bottom is Matte.



And to better demonstrate how it looks, I have applied a bit of Distress Stain over both of these examples.  You will notice that the Goosebumps spray resists the inks just as if it were embossed which is exactly how it feels!   I simply rubbed the stain dabber over the cardstock and wiped the excess ink off of the Goosebumps.  I did however miss a spot in the lower right corner of the left example.  You can see how the ink pools up on the spray.  I went back and wiped it off with ease.


Now, this medium comes in a handy Dabber bottle as well!
I'll share a few more examples on how to incorporate this amazing spray into your art in the coming days.



5 comments:

  1. How cool is this spray I have not seen it here before but we are a bit behind. Love what it can do. Am going to look for it online :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing!! that looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this product demo-d at a vendor's show in Orlando last summer. I have the clear and the shimmer versions but, quite honestly, haven't used them - out of sight out of mind! I've got to get them out where I'll see them and use them. Thanks for the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this product demo-d at a vendor's show in Orlando last summer. I have the clear and the shimmer versions but, quite honestly, haven't used them - out of sight out of mind! I've got to get them out where I'll see them and use them. Thanks for the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fascinating, I must look out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!