Monday, September 28, 2015

Autumn Mixed Media Frame

Today I wanted to share a fun project with you that incorporates some of my favorite mediums in a nifty frame fit for all of your Autumn memories!


Let's begin!


I am using a frame that I found at Darlington Farms a couple years ago...it had a giant rubber band which was meant to hold the photos to the frame.  I took those off and will use them for another project someday.  So I'm left with a nice white canvas to begin.  Now since I know you can't go back in time to buy a couple of these frames yourself there are lots of alternatives - you could get a piece of MDF cut to size, use a canvas, a piece of book board, chipboard, game board, heck you can even use an old book cover if it's large enough for your needs.  Like I always say - use what you have on hand.


Tear up a couple pages from a book - they can be old, new, or in between.  I am using some pages from a really old book I have that's in a foreign language (no clue which one).  I am using Antique Creative Medium to adhere the pages to the frame making sure I work out any bubbles under the pages.


When I had the pages glued down I smeared a bit extra Creative Medium on the right side of the frame as well to add instant age to the piece.  Be sure to apply it to the sides of your frame as well as they will show once it is on display.  If you're an over achiever you can add it to the back if you'd like.  I'm not that ambitious so I just did the sides ;)


While the frame is drying I embossed a few Stamptangle Leaves with gold embossing powder.


Which I colored with a few different colors of Brusho Colour Crystals - Orange, TerraCotta, Scarlet, and Yellow Ocher. 


As the leaves were drying I tied on a bit of orange raffia.


Then glued on the leaves and added a few sequins.  It was o.k... but it was still a bit plain for my taste ~ you know I have a hard time with white spaces.


Soooo I pulled out my Spiced Chai StazOn and stamped a crackle design here and there; used a Sponge Dauber and added a touch of Ganache StazOn and finished it off with a spritz of Bronze irRESISTible Texture Spray!



And there you have it!

Supplies:

IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Antique Creative Medium; Diamond Trowel; Sponge Daubers; StazOn - Spiced Chai; Ganache; irRESISTible Texture Spray - Bronze; VersaMark Ink; Gold Embossing Powder
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps - Stamptangle Oak Leaf; Stamptangle Maple Leaf; Crackle Background
Brusho Colour Crystals
Watercolor Paper, Vintage Text, Frame, Sequins, Raffia

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and so perfect! Would love to hang that in my home, great art from you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fall! Love your mixed media...especially the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this too! Leaves look great!! Thought I would drop by :) Say hello and happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!