Monday, January 7, 2013

Ink Stains Winter Holiday Charm & ATC Swap - Due 3-16-13

Ink Stains
Altered Winter Charm Swap
&
ATC Swap
Due Date: 3-16-13
It's time once again for the Altered Charm Swap - this time combined with my ATC swap!

NOTE: There is no deadline for signing up...as long as you get them to me by the due date you're good as gold :)
Charm Swap Details:
The charms can be created from anything you can dream up... there are tons of ideas on the web (search images under things like altered charms, altered charm bracelets, altered charm necklaces, Tim Holtz style necklace, charm swap; etc.)

There are also lots of ideas here on the blog under: Acrylic Charms; Charms; Jewelry.

If you have a copy of my book ~ Teach Yourself Visually Collage & Altered Arts there is an entire chapter dedicated to creating your own charms.

*You could create your charm from acrylic pieces, glass, metal, clay, found objects, etc. You could embellish bought metal charms (please don't send a plain metal charm) with beads, chain, or other items. There are many pendant blanks, bezels, etc. that can be altered (insert photo/words, etc & fill with Glossy Accents or the like); you could fill little bottles with sand/beads and other goodies ~ sealed & findings added. And so much more...let your imagination run wild!

*Each charm should have a jump ring or lobster clasp.

*You can make up to 3 sets of charms (1 set = 5 of the same charm) per group (so a total of 15 charms for General & 15 charms for Winter Holidays if desired).

THEMES:

General - Which means anything under the sun.
Winter Holiday Theme - Snow, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day

PACKING:
*I would like it if each person would identify their charms either by placing it in a baggie with their name and e-mail addy or mounting it on a small card or tag with the same info. It's always nice to be able to thank people personally when you receive a piece of their art work.

MAILING:
NOTE: I am in the United States but I welcome anyone who would like to play along. In the past we've had players from North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. I'd love to have artist from these and other areas join in the fun as well. You're all welcome :)

*Please package your charms securely so they arrive in good condition.

*Include a self addressed envelope for the return trip or if you want your charms returned priority mail please include a card with your full mailing address.
*POSTAGE NOTE - I'm really sorry about how high the mailing costs are - especially the international mail rates. 
The USPS is really jacking up the prices on 1-27-13. 

*Send $4.00 or $6.00 for Priority Mail in the United States.
Canada - 9.00
Mexico - 12.00
Europe, Australia - 13.00
New Zealand - 12.00

PLEASE do NOT include pre-metered postage.
My local post office will not accept these. They will refuse them!

If you would like to pay-pal me the money that would work as well.
My e-mail addy will be in the final details.

Due Date:

Your charms are due March 16th, 2013. This is when your package must be in my hands. I want to swap them out that weekend and have them back in the mail the following Monday so you can start enjoying them! :)

You are more than welcome to send your charms and ATC's together to save money!

Charm Swap Sign Ups:
Please include your e-mail addy (spaces added) so I can send you my mailing address.
General Theme Charms
  1. Roni
  2. Dixie
  3. Theresa P
  4. Shirley H.
  5. Deanne C.
  6. Elaine
  7. Nan G
  8. .Anabela
  9. .Sandie Bell
  10. April
  11. Kee
  12. Terry D
  13. Shawn
  14. Hollie
  15. Karen B
  16. Debbie W.
  17. Nancy P
  18. Olga B

Winter Holiday Themed Charms
(Winter/Snow, Valentine's, St. Patrick's Day)
  1. Roni
  2. Dixie
  3. Nancy P
  4. Shirley H.
  5. Theresa P
  6. Nan G.
  7. Anabela
  8. Sandie Bell
  9. April
  10. Kee
  11. Kris J
  12. Shawn
  13. Debbie
Winter ATC Swap
Game Plan -

*Create up to 15* ATC's per group using any technique you would like (no more than 5 of the same design). We will be having 2 groups - General and Winter Holidays! Please be sure to sign and date your ATC's :)

*NOTE: You don't have to make 15, you can make 1, 3, 10, or any number that inspires you. Also, you can create up to 15 for EACH group if you so desire. I do ask that you make no more than 5 of a single design. It makes it very difficult to swap out if I have too many of one design to swap.

*Send them to me by the due date and I'll swap them out and you'll get back 15 different ATC's.
NOTE: Be sure and make/keep an extra of your ATC's for yourself if you want one...you won't be getting your own back.

Mailing -
*Send $4.00 or $6.00 for Priority Mail in the United States.
Canada - 9.00
Mexico - 12.00
Europe, Australia - 13.00
New Zealand - 12.00
Remember if you are joining both the Charm & ATC swaps you can send them together to save money!
ATC SWAP Sign Ups
please include your e-mail addy so I can send you my address.
General Theme
  1. Roni
  2. Dixie
  3. Paula K.
  4. Sheryl
  5. Katy D
  6. Theresa P
  7. Donna J
  8. Anabela
  9. Sandie Bell
  10. Kee
  11. Hollie
  12. Karen B
Winter Holiday Theme
(Winter/snow; Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day)
  1. Roni
  2. Dixie
  3. Paula L
  4. Katy D.
  5. Theresa P
  6. Donna J
  7. Anabela.
  8. Sandie B
  9. Kee
  10. Hollie
  11. Kris J
  12. Lynn R
  13. Karen B

20 comments:

  1. Hi Roni, Please sign me up! once for each of the charm groups and for each of the ATC swaps. Do you need a number of tags or just send whatever I get done? theresa.petermann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Roni. I would like to sign up for both altered charm swaps, and 3 sets each. General (15 charms)and winter theme (15 charms). I love these--they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry--I forgot to include my email:

    Shirley Hall
    ShirleyHallDesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roni...Yes PLEASE sign me up for both charm swaps...with 15 charms (3 groups of 5) for each one! I am so excited about this...I just LOVE swaps and meeting artists/hobbyists from around this wonderful world of ours!! :) deannecrim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. Do you need to know which theme for the winter swap??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roni, Can you please sign me up for the General ATC swap? (3 sets of 5) Thanks.creativemom32@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roni,
    I would like to participate in the ATC swap. I will make 15 in the General category and 15 in the Winter category. Thank you. My email address is donnajeaneno@yahoo.com
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roni!!!
    Count me in for both swaps, charms and ATC's.
    If i can, i will make 3 different sets of 5 of each theme, both charms and ATC's.
    Is the theme Winter Hollidays restricted to hollidays, or can we make it just winter related?

    I'm Anabela from Portugal and my mail is :
    anabela.n.s@gmail.com

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a deadline for signups? I'm thinking about joining the ATC Swaps.

    Thanks!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roni, Please sign me up for the charm swap; both the general and the winter. Thanks for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, back again...I'll do 5 each of the charms. And sign me up for the general ATC. Ok to do only 5? I see others are doing so many more. Thanks again. Eskil918@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Roni,
    Pls sign me up for both charms and ATC's I will be doing the holiday theme for both.15charms15atc
    Thanks this will b fun!!!
    Kris Johnson
    finsterandme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi - I would like to do the Winter ATC swap.

    thanks
    Lynn

    lranen @ hotmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Roni!
    I'm in for the general and the holiday charm swap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Roni!
    I'm in for the general and the holiday charm swap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Roni, could you sign me up for both catagories of the Trading Cards and General for the Charms?
    pyrate4lyfe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Roni, I would love to join in, both ATC categories and the general Charm swaps.
    kcbis@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there Dear, I just happened to notice that some how I ended up signed upped twice for the card swaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I received my cards today-and each one is so beautiful! I love them! Thank you so much Roni for organizing the swap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!