Today I want you to dig around and find some used tissue paper. Since Christmas was only a month ago I hope most of you will be able to find a scrap or two laying around. I myself never throw any away...it could be the nastiest looking stuff but you just never know when it might come in handy!
Old Tissue Paper
Ink (re-inkers work great)
Collage or Liquid Glue (your fav)
Heat Tool (optional)
Metallic Rub-on's or Metallic Ink
1. Begin by making sure your tissue paper is REALLY crumpled and worn looking. The more winkles the better.
2. Apply a nice layer of glue over the entire sheet of cardstock.
3. Open up the tissue paper and roughly spread it out. Place it on the cardstock and gently press it into the glue. Let the glue dry naturally or use the heat tool to speed drying.
4. Apply a few drops of desired color of ink onto a damp sponge. Begin dabbing the ink over the cardstock. Use one or more colors of ink as desired. You will notice that you get light and dark areas which is perfect! Just the look we're going for. Let the inks dry naturally or use a heat tool to speed drying.
5. Now it's time to add some shine. I am using Inka Gold medium but you could use any metallic rub-on, acrylic paint or metallic ink for this step. Use your fingertip and gently rub your chosen medium over the winkled bits of the tissue paper. No pressure is needed, you're only hitting the peaks of the tissue paper.
here are a few pics of what it looks like....
Pretty cool huh?
Once your metallic medium has dried your paper is ready to use!
Here is what my calendar page looks like....
O.k..there you go
10 months down, only two more to go!
How are you coming on your calendar?
I hope you're all enjoying it so far.