1. Tape your cardstock down to your work top. This will help keep the cardstock flat after you add the water.
2. Mist the cardstock with water. You want it to be fairly wet.
3. Ink up your stamp with a variety of inks and stamp it onto the wet cardstock. It's o.k. if the inks run and blend together. This is the look you're going for. These will be your watercolor type images. Here is what my cardstock looked like at this point.
4. Let your paper dry naturally or speed up the drying process with the heat tool.
5. Ink up the same image again with a variety of inks and stamp over each of the original "watercolor" images. You will now have defined images over the watercolor images as shown.
6. For a bit more color I sponged yellow ink to the background.
And here is what my finished calendar page looks like....
Just think of all the fun combinations you can come up with for this technique!
I especially love it when I'm working with flower images.
It's your turn!
Only one more month to go!